1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

How To Get Traffic To A Webmaster Forum?

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by conorod, Nov 22, 2008.

1. conorod

conorod New Member

I own a webmaster forum, and I am currently having trouble getting traffic to it. Can anyone suggest some good ways to get traffic to it? So far I am using signitures on other forums and directory submissions. I have also submitted it to search engines.
  2. jani

jani Designer

1. Tips for forum owners

2. Participate in other webmasters forum.

3. Use social networking sites and submit the best forum topics there.

4. Announce prize money or some other offers that members should get motivated and start participating more.
  3. conorod

conorod New Member

Thanks for the tips Jani.
    I am working on a big contest that will hopefully increase activity on my forum.
  4. synbitz

synbitz New Member

If you offer interesting threads, tutorials and content you will be fine. be active on other forums and do some social engineering, get to meet people! The more contacts you get the better for your site, no matter wat you are hosting.
  5. luckygal

luckygal New Member

There are a lot of ways to increase the traffic to a forum. To increase the traffic to webmaster forums also participate in other webmaster forums. Also use the site link as the forum signature. Social bookmarking is also a good method to bring traffic. Also link building is a famous method to increase the traffic.
  6. Jerlene

Jerlene Moderator Staff Member

Well the first thing to do is to visit other webmaster forums that allow signatures links, post, and make sure you have your website's URL in your signature. The more posts the better.
  7. antonclovelly

antonclovelly New Member

To get traffic to the webmaster forum you must update forum with good and quality content regularly. Also try to participate in the social networking sites which helps to get more visitors. Social bookmarking site also helps to get better PR.
  8. mikeycane

mikeycane New Member

Using the following methods you can get traffic to a webmaster forum...:??
    - Social book marking
    - Blog commenting
    - Article submission
    - Forum posting
    - Directory submission
    - Press release
  9. Jahanzaib

Jahanzaib New Member

By Opening Contents and that Contests allow Members to Win Cash or Paid Prizes! I am dead sure you can float great traffic to your forums! unless you keep follow the above mention forums marketing basics
  10. malkyb

malkyb Guest

I agree with all the above as today people have such short attention spans that it you don't keep the forum updated your visitor number will soon drop and the whole project becomes bogged down. Good luck!
  11. Jahanzaib

Jahanzaib New Member

These days webmasters forums have big competition to deal in... it can only be possible if you provide some thing unique in it
  12. mark6789

mark6789 New Member

Hi
    You can do the same. Try to get links from forum sites.I will be considered as a relative links.Do you have account at digital point forums?
    Thanks
  13. hentryrobo

hentryrobo New Member

social networking sites are good sources for website traffic..
    twitter and facebook will help you to make dedicated blog readers..
    lot of free web service are available to use social networking sites effectively as traffic sources..

read the article: twitter as a traffic source
  14. blogs4seo

blogs4seo New Member

Backlink is the best part of webmaster forum

The absolute bottom line to a good internet a pair of.0 web selling campaign has backlinks to your web site. one in all the first concerns search engines create when rating an internet site is what number back links, particularly if they are a technique backlinks, move to this web site. Keywords are, of course, important, however the character of their effective usage has modified, that has increased the requirement of back links.

Obtaining a high variety of one-way backlinks is what makes a good internet a pair of.0 campaign. this is often what extremely makes Conversation Domination such a good technique. In fact, it's extremely the sole really effective technique.

Every time you place your internet address during a membership profile, or give a link during a blog post, and so on, you're increasing your search engine rankings. this is often why I counsel obtaining accounts with Xanga, Digg, Blogrolling, and every one these completely different websites. every one provides a minimum of one chance within the profile generation to link back to your web site. however blogs get most higher than that.
  15. konetkar500

konetkar500 New Member

use social networking site, participate other webmaster forums and get back link from there.
  16. reena0001

reena0001 Guest

participate the other forums and give the link.
  17. dojo

dojo Member

1. Good content on your site (premium forum script and custom design - need to be serious about it, it's a very tough niche)
    2. Be present in ALL main webmaster / admin / promotion forums. Be a good member, post decent stuff. Forum signature promotion works great.
    3. do blog posting, blog commenting, pay for traffic, use the social media sites, be everywhere :)