1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

How to do SEO for mobile apps ?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing Forum' started by nikhilmathew, Feb 13, 2015.

1. nikhilmathew

nikhilmathew New Member

Hi, I have handled many SEO projects related to websites but i have never handled SEO for mobile apps, so please do explain me how to start n what i can do for free?

2. Paul LeJoy

Paul LeJoy New Member

Followings are the tips for better mobile Seo,

Feature your brand prominently in the app name
    Link to your app profile page(s) from your home page and/or site footer
    Include your brand name in the link text that points at app download pages
    Provide a QR link to download the app from your desktop site landing page
    Use the unique capabilities of mobile devices to serve your visitors better.
    Use click-to-call feature - (When the visitor clicks/touches the phone number on the mobile site’s contact page, phone automatically dials (subject to a confirmation) the number on the visitor’s handset. )
    Target m-coupons - Retailers such as Target are supplementing printed coupons with mobile coupons that are delivered by SMS
    Store locator – using the device’s GPS for a store locator is another good example of a feature that is very useful on mobile, but nonsensical on a PC.
    Barcode scanner – This enables a user to scan a product’s barcode when at home or in a competitor’s store (this type of search is called “show-rooming”), to find out if it is available, how much it costs, then purchase it.
    Apply the basic rules of Web design and SEO should follow.
    Content is king - Content is the heart of all mobile sites – the more useful, compelling and regularly updated the content, the more frequently people and spiders will visit, and the more readily people will recommend the site, by linking from other sites and social media.
    Use the type of mobile site that suits your customers and your requirements.
    Make it social - Make it easy for people to recommend you.
    Make it fast - Your mobile site should load on a smartphone in 1 second.
    Don’t hide content from search engines with apps
  3. johnniewalk

johnniewalk Member

Nice information but the thing is weather you should ask that you want to do SEO for search engine rankings, or in the apps store rankings.
  4. shumicpi

shumicpi Member

There are lots of tutorial available on Google, you just need to search there!