1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

How to backup Saved Password, History and Bookmarks in Chrome

Discussion in 'Browsers (IE, Chrome, Firefox, Safari)' started by Nasir, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Nasir

Nasir New Member

For a detailed information on this issue go to http://bookingtohosting.blogspot.com/2014/07/how-to-backup-saved-password-history.html

Every software malfunctions after some time and when it does that you get annoyed and want to troubleshoot the problem.In order to troubleshoot any issue with browser we would reset the browser that fix all the problem as it sets the browser back to its default setting with disabling all the browser addons and it also deletes all the saved password and home page or bookmark.

So it is very important to backup your saved password, history (if you need) and bookmarks.So here I am gonna show you how you can backup those stuffs.Chrome saves all these information for every user in their respective userprofile so you need to backup these data for each user separately by going into their userprofile.

How to back up saved passwords,History, bookmarks and cookies

1) Go to the Start menu > Run.

2) Enter one of the following address in the open box, then press OK.

For Windows XP: %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data

For Windows Vista/7/8: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data

3) Locate and open the folder called "Default" in the directory window that opens.

[​IMG]

Pic-24(a)

4) Now under this Default folder as shown below in Pic-24(b) you have your everything,Saved passwords,History, Cookies,Bookmarks that you can copy and back up.

For a detailed information on this issue go to http://bookingtohosting.blogspot.com/2014/07/how-to-backup-saved-password-history.html

2. andysmith

andysmith Member

1) Demand Start menus > Function.
    2) Key in one of the using sites inside word subject, next media ALRIGHT.
    >>Windows XP: %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data
    >>Windows Vista: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data
    3) Locate and open up the particular folder known as "Default" inside directory site screen that opens.
    4) TO BACKUP BOOK MARKS: Content the particular document named "Bookmarks", and preserve this regarding backup.
    5) TO BACKUP PASSWORDS: Content the particular document named "Login Data", and preserve this regarding backup.
    6) After you have formatted the particular travel or even created the latest user profile, follow methods 1-3 and just paste the particular data saved throughout methods some & 5.
    7) All your take a note of info and private data info are back!

electronic signature Microsoft
  3. Joslinks

Joslinks Member

This is really useful to me.. i forgot my mail password but with the help of your post.. i easily retrieve my old password from chrome browser.
  4. Olin Lamanna

Olin Lamanna Member

Thanks for sharing this is really helpful, it would be very beneficial to back up all files. You can always be sure you have it safe.