1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

How To Add Description In Google Map Listing?

Discussion in 'SEO Forum' started by borgninestallone, Nov 14, 2016.

1. borgninestallone

borgninestallone Member

Dear Friends,

I have recently added one of my client in Google Map listing. I have received the PIN no also and my client business is being verified by Google.

My problem is earlier I used to add short description regarding the website in Google Map listing. Now I find difficult to add those description. I think Google has changed its algorithm. Is there any ways to get the description added in the Map listing? If yes, please share me some source so that I can follow.

2. johnniewalk

johnniewalk Member

If you open your map link it automatically shows to add your description, there you can add it, but there is a limitation of words to be added, look into that and try to add it will work.
  3. borgninestallone

borgninestallone Member

johnniewalk, Google has recently updated this one as many of them making use of these description and creating backlinks with the keywords in it. But the description which is updated earlier still remains the same.
  4. Jones Groban

Jones Groban Member

To edit your business information on Google: Sign in to Google My Business. Make sure you're using card view. Choose the listing you'd like to manage. Click Info at the top of the page. Click the section that you want to change, then enter the new information in the box that appears. Click Apply.
  5. borgninestallone

borgninestallone Member

Dear Jones, after a long research I could see that there is no description field to be entered in the Google map or Google business listing.
  6. rajdeep

rajdeep Member

If you open your map link it automatically shows to add your description