1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

How much freedom do you give to moderators?

Discussion in 'Member Management' started by Hayze, Nov 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hayze

Hayze New Member

Do you give your moderators to do whatever they want on your forum whenever they want? Do you allow them to be able to do a lot, but have to ask you to do certain things? Do you give them not so much power, but let them do whatever, whenever? Or do you give them very little power, and have to ask you to do things?

When I hire moderators, I give them a lot of modding privileges, and sometimes the power to ban. For the most part they can do whatever whenever. They have to ask permission to ban people, and that is about it.
  2. Edwin

Edwin New Member

I let them do whatever they want, then if necessary ask them about decisions later on.
  3. Hayze

Hayze New Member

Yea, I will do that once they have been a mod for a while, but usually I don't give them one hundred percent freedom. The only thing my mods have to ask to do is to ban people, otherwise they can do pretty much whatever they feel is necessary.
  4. akiratheoni

akiratheoni New Member

I give them as much power as they need, they don't abuse it.
  5. Edwin

Edwin New Member

I think it's important that your moderators know that you trust them, then they will trust you in return.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.