1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

How long did it take?

Discussion in 'Planning Stages' started by Hayze, Nov 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hayze

Hayze New Member

How long did it take you before your forum was off the ground and in the clear from dying out?

It usually takes a while, anywhere from 3 months to a year and above, but usually, forums can get there, if the admin is dedicated, in under a year. AU is starting to get there, but we aren't there yet, we've been going for about a month and a half.
  2. iMatt

iMatt New Member

Put it this way, no matter what type of board I try, or what techniques I use, I even went to the extreme of paying staff and members and offering prizes including ipods and psps, but my forum still never got off the ground, I am friendly so I dont think I scared my members away :s so yeah, I have never owned a forum with more than 20 members which really annoys me, I have trid to start about 8 forums and revive 2. Although I work well as staff on other forums.
  3. imported_Matt

imported_Matt New Member

It took me a month to get alot of steady traffic from google. (Site is only 1 month and one day old)
  4. Public Enemy

Public Enemy New Member

Its all about getting a stragity togeather. You cannot open a forum to the public open. nor can you susceed without PR, or a good alexa. It just wont happen...
  5. Hayze

Hayze New Member

Wow, for a month old you are already number 4 in Google when you search 'free smf hosting,' congratulations!
  6. imported_Matt

imported_Matt New Member

Thanks. My other site; easyforumz.com is also undergoing huge SEO work this week. (Including domain change to phpbbnew.com).. What a wallop of work just for google :mad:
  7. Kel

Kel New Member

Well mine is still fairly new so I dont know which way its going to go yet. Im not giving up though! LOL!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.