1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

How have you evolved as a webmaster ?

Discussion in 'General Webmaster Discussion' started by Old Admin, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Old Admin

Old Admin Administrator

In the past 6 or 7 years ive learnt alot , made alot of mistakes and acheived a fare bit too , one of them becoming a full time webmaster .

I think ive tried nearly everything from ebooks on ebay year ago before i even knew what a webmaster was to making crappy arcade sites etc . There isnt many things that i didnt try in the early days.

So what have you guys thought of your progression as a webmaster ? and whats your best moment of that progression ?
  2. midlandi

midlandi Can you smell that?

Well to be truthful I hit my peak about 18-24 months ago and since then I admit I have regressed a bit. Mainly due to my work getting so busy (the internet is my hobby) that I had no time for my webmaster stuff.
    My best acheivement was Triphp and its great to see it in very good hands and doing even better now.
    My early days were a joke, i started a few small site selling gadgets, launched the sites and basically left them, went back each day and could not work out why the world and his wife was not buying from me!
    1 person likes this.
  3. Old Admin

Old Admin Administrator

Triphp has fast become one of my fav projects, whether it was because i brought it from you kind self who i already knew or not im not sure but i find my self not having the drive for alot of my projects that i have for this one, It has done well and traffic is consistent even when im not around so i hope "touch wood" its pretty stable. The base you left me with was a great kick up the arse for me . After making a number of mistakes with my previous webmaster forum this has proved to be a success so far and getting better every month with out much effort.

I know what you mean about launching sites and leaving them , i must have around 50 that are sitting there doing nothing but the domains are too good to get rid off, in todays market domain sales are horrible so id rather keep paying the reg fee's for a couple of years until i get time for them slowly or i get a good enough offer lol, im such a hauder
  4. Gareth_Boyd

Gareth_Boyd New Member

Good question Riv. Well when I started off I was a bit like you, just doing every niche, I suppose its good to try everything. Like Einstein said
    I used to make some stupid websites, but I guess it would have never gotten me to where I am today. Although its nothing to be amazed.
  5. JimmyFoster

JimmyFoster New Member

Man always learn from his mistakes and I am sure that you have learn a lot from your mistakes.
  6. mrsenim

mrsenim New Member

Its very good question at a very good place. I started working from blogspot and adsense back some years then I did some online jobs like paid forum posting and link building. I have also done offline jobs as web-developer, all I would say is "action is the key foundation of success", getting proper knowledge and working hard succeed you in any field of life.
  7. SeoKungFu

SeoKungFu Active Member

I was working for years in programming/networking when all of a sudden discovered the magic of SEO and never ever wanted to get back to the past life. Not that I'm not doing stuff like it and the experience even help, but life is way happier with webmastering work.