1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

How good is DMOZ

Discussion in 'Other Search Engines' started by Traffiker, Sep 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Traffiker

Traffiker New Member

Last week, I submitted a site to DMOZ but it asked me to wait. Till now, it has not been listed on its site. In this context, can you tell me how far is to good to submit a site to it? What are the advantages and disadvantages of it?
  2. crawler

crawler New Member

There is no disadvantage when it comes to DMOZ. All great advantage make it place upon your sites approval. DMOZ is well established and the reputation that the sites has makes it the most known directory and your listing will be crawled easily if its passed on DMOZ list.
  3. jimhunter

jimhunter New Member

DMOZ is great if you can get in. unfortunately it usually takes quite a while to get listed.
  4. dwiads

dwiads New Member

DMOZ have high pagerank. If you get link from dmoz, it will help you in search engine optimisation. however to be listed in DMOZ is difficult. just try to list then forget it. DMOZ is not really worth fighting for. just try other method of link building.
  5. sazymi

sazymi New Member

There are only a small percentage of chances to be listed in DMOZ so don't waste your time in there. Do something else that can be more effective for your optimization there are lots of search engine around the net all you have to do is to be more resourceful.
  6. graphicdesign01

graphicdesign01 New Member

DMOZ is an open directory project. Dmoz also a high pr directory. So, it contributes much value to your site. If search engine robot find your site link in DMOZ, it will be very benifical for your site.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.