1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

How Does Computer Virus Spread?

Discussion in 'General Webmaster Discussion' started by just in hell, Feb 23, 2010.

1. just in hell

just in hell New Member

hi all members
    For a computer virus to spread through a computer system, or network, it must be activated. This means that the file that contains the virus must be opened, or executed in order for the virus to come to life. After it gets activated, these viruses look for certain programs to infect. The main and the important that you must note is that, all viruses seem to do well is duplicate themselves within the programs they find, and this is the main reason as to how they spread well.

There are a lot of effects that a virus can cause on your computer depends on how it has been programmed to spread. These / this programming can be one of two types: One is the resident and the other is the non-resident. The non-resident viruses are made up of two processes -one finds files on your computer to infect, and the other duplicates the virus.

Resident viruses are made up of only one process. The sole function is to duplicate itself throughout your computer. To perform this action, resident viruses are programmed to load into the computer's memory and the virus itself is activated every time you turn your computer on. This process continues as long as the system is on.

Regards,
    just
  2. ptgengye

ptgengye New Member

Thanks for your nice sharing.

In my own experiences, some viruses might not duplicate themselves but only reside in the memory and steal your information and send them out to hacker's email or some other places online.

All the best,
  3. tulipkiya

tulipkiya Member

most viruses are spread as testing purpose..and are not for doing damage....it spreads as an accident..
  4. nick25

nick25 New Member

I think its very necessary to have an antivirus in your system to save your information.
  5. sazymi

sazymi New Member

Computer virus can be shared by file sharing and sometimes by browsing to untrusted site over the net.
  6. Artemio

Artemio New Member

There are a lot of effects that a virus can cause on your computer depends on how it has been programmed to spread. These / this programming can be one of two types: One is the resident and the other is the non-resident. The non-resident viruses are made up of two processes -one finds files on your computer to infect, and the other duplicates the virus.
  7. Sikhar

Sikhar New Member

as per my experience virus attack on my system was a mail came with link I try to open that link after that my system hanged and system performance is going very low so finally I format my system. So do not open any unknown link.
  8. aries_1990

aries_1990 New Member

Viruses are mostly spread through internet or some time by sharing files. These could be harmful for any computer so, there should be anti virus installed in every computer.
  9. sazymi

sazymi New Member

Your computer can be infected if you will click untrusted site. Sometime, it hides behind those offers and free stuff. SO be more careful because they are around us.
  10. PradeepKr

PradeepKr New Member

Thanks for sharing this info.
    whether double clicking on a file and accessing the folder using cmd prompt in windows has any effect on the viruses?
  11. dianatheprinces

dianatheprinces New Member

Amost netword based virus multiply them slave after activation and spread via network or ports...
  12. martincrow

martincrow Member

Computer virus spread by opening the infected file, if you open the file which carries virus then it will spread to all the files which you open along with it.
  13. nestrellejohn

nestrellejohn New Member

Computer virus spreads easily,so I think everyone must have a antivirus in their computers.
  14. balivillas

balivillas Moderator

I wonder if you could tell us how social media viruses like these spamming apps in facebook behave and how they could directly infect our own computers upon access.
  15. jayrudalf

jayrudalf New Member

It is really a very good information for me.
  16. neo127

neo127 Member

Also virus spreads from the cracks so kindly don't try them. It is really good for both, your PC and software makers.
  17. cryst

cryst New Member

My antivirus can deal with all the virus..
    But Re-cycler is a nightmare!!! :(
  18. eUKhost

eUKhost Official Company Representative

Basicallly, there are various ways the virus can infect your personal computer system. However, it can be protected if you avoid several things such as unknown links, spam emails, unknown applications, downloading files from torrents and junk sites. Even if you download any files from unknown and untrusted locations, make sure you have a back plan for storing your local data online on secure servers.
  19. che09

che09 Member

Viruses can spread through email attachments, application programs on your computer, or application programs installed from disk drives.

In order to spread through a computer system, or network, a virus must be activated; meaning, the file that contains the virus must be opened, or executed in order for the virus to come to life. Once activated, viruses look for certain programs to infect, depending on what they've been programmed to do. The one thing that all viruses seem to do well is duplicate themselves within the programs they find, and that is how they spread.
  20. rsseosolution

rsseosolution New Member