1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

Hosting reviews

Discussion in 'Web Hosting Forum' started by cccwebmedia, Jan 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cccwebmedia

cccwebmedia New Member

2. jumpenjuhosaphat

jumpenjuhosaphat New Member

It's really hard to say. There are so many people out there that push certain hosts because they are affiliated to that host, and get paid to suggest them. I think the best thing to do is to read posts about hosts in forums such as this, and try to determine which posts were created with sincerity and which posts are obvious ploy's to get you to sign up with a particular host. I have used a few hosting companies. The first one was through some fellow I found at DP, his reseller account was cancelled in less than a month, so my time was wasted. The second one is a more commercial company that is far more well known. Their servers are a bit slow at times, but I am currently on their cheapest budget plan. They actually guarantee uptime with the better packages, and their prices are fair.
  3. njoker555

njoker555 New Member

unbiased reviews are really hard to find for anything these days, someone always has a site, but u can try a few host talk forums and ask there, not the forum for the hosting itself, but other forums that have reviews for other hosts, you will get both good and bad reviews, i can tell you that from experience.
  4. alecsing

alecsing New Member

It is very difficult to find unbiased reviews. Still, I think that Digitalpoint forums and webhostingtalk are the best places where you can get an idea of your host. I had used them earlier and I tried out servage which was recommended there and servage has been working fine for me ever since.
  5. sweetangel

sweetangel New Member

Yes I also go to webhostingtalk for reviews. My other host subscription will expire in a few months and I'm thinking to switch host that offer unlimited addon domain and is cheap.
  6. jonsey

jonsey New Member

Another vote for webhostingtalk here, also the hosting offers section over there is pretty useful.

A lot of these so called review sites take payments from webhosts for a good review.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.