1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

Help me to buy a domain name?

Discussion in 'Domain Name Forum' started by businessman1927, Sep 4, 2010.

1. businessman1927

businessman1927 New Member

I want to buy a domain name but i have not much information about it.Will any body help me to buy it and share some knowledge about it?
  2. rshosting

rshosting Member

You will first need to shortlist a few domain registrars or web hosting companies that offer domain registration. They have an online tool that helps you to search for available domain names. Depending on the idea of website that you wish to design, you then need to search for available domain names with their tld's.

The minimum registration period is one year and can extend upto 2 or 10 years or so. Once domain is registerd, you will need server space -- also termed as hosting. You then need to change the nameservers for the domain to resolve to your host and your website should be live in the browser.
  3. Nitaky

Nitaky New Member

You can register your domain with one of those big registrars :
    godaddy, enom, name, dynadot, etc.
  4. jitkasem

jitkasem New Member

I recommend you to register the domain name at godaddy.com or namecheap.com . Both are good service and support well...
  5. fbody

fbody New Member

register something with google listed keywords or trends data. just to be sure SERPs are good for your new site.
  6. paullopez

paullopez Member

You can try godaddy, enom, and namecheap for domain name registration. However, you should use thesaurus that has word mapping. Then you can enter any keyword that you want and you'll get a list of all kinds of synonyms that might become useful words to use in your domain.

You should also consider old domain name. Old domain names have more search engine trust and may achieve good rankings for competitive keywords in short time.
  7. ashish786

ashish786 New Member

Reseller Hosting Provider India

Hi friend I want to suggest you eindiawebguru.com. A best, cheap and affordable hosting provider company.
  8. eUKhost

eUKhost Official Company Representative

It is better to find a web hosting provider who can offer you hosting as well as domain registration, as they will help you resolve issues regarding your domain as well. Secondly, decide which TLD would you like to go for. If you wish to target a specific country then you opt for tlds such as .co.uk, .co.in, etc. and if you want to target round the globe audience then .com would be the best option.

Once you are done with choosing TLD, you should make a list of keywords that you wish to use in your domain name, as it is a trend today. It is the simplest way to get your keywords optimized for search engines. If you are done with above things you may proceed to register your domain name with your web hosting service provider.
  9. Josh-A

Josh-A Member

Domain name and it's extension plays a vital role for your online business promotion hence you should do your homework before you place order with any registrar... It's not necessary to keep your domain registry with your hosting provider but it's recommended since it will help you to manage both hosting and domain part under one roof !!!
  10. jayrudalf

jayrudalf New Member

If you can use keywords in your domain name it will be good for you.
  11. zomex

zomex Member

There's allot of great articles on purchasing domain names online. The type of domain you buy will greatly depend on your plans for the website.
  12. christfycl

christfycl New Member

it's easy,use domain tool to brainstorm some possible domains and register it
  13. xmsmmgrs

xmsmmgrs New Member

Buying a domain is the easiest thing in the world. :)
  14. ServerSea

ServerSea Moderator

Tell me which kind of business you want to run and tell me which domain Extension you want to go with? So that i will give you some suggestions.
  15. Susan_Hosting

Susan_Hosting New Member

if you are still checking for domain go through this host
    dailyrazor.com
  16. ServerSea

ServerSea Moderator

Well you can tell me which kind of business you want to run i will provide you good domain name on low rates.
  17. rickey45

rickey45 New Member

If u have money then u buy the domin simply just visit by Google in any domin providing website & buy online.simplybeanbags.com
  18. ServerSea

ServerSea Moderator

If you need Free domain. There are many service providers which are offering Free domain with Hosting. It will save your money.
  19. paullopez

paullopez Member

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]And once you find your favorite domain name is available, quickly purchase it, otherwise you will find yourself like below.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif][​IMG]
    [/FONT]
  20. ServerSea

ServerSea Moderator

Well its very important to check either the domain is available or not. I also refer you to not search your domains on different websites because many companies capture the domain name and sell it on high price.You can buy domains from www.serversea.com