1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

Google Local Listing

Discussion in 'SEO Forum' started by Jill Smith, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Jill Smith

Jill Smith Member

Have anyone did local listing recently,I am asking this question because since last four months i am trying for it but unfortunately not a single time received confirmation letter from google.Please share your experience who did google local listing recently.
  2. selvam.seo

selvam.seo Guest

It so simple as that. As i can't post the URL, I am just copying the source from Google.

Please follow the below steps to get your business listed in Google.

1. Visit Google Places.
    2. If you already have a Google Account, sign in with your email and password. You can also use an AdWords login address and password, if you have one. If you don't have a Google Account, click Sign up for an account now, or go straight to the sign-up page.
    3. On Google Places homepage, click Add new business.
    4. On the “Find your business” tab, search for your business by phone number to see if Google already has information about your business.
    5. Review the search results, if any, to see if one of them describes your business.
    6. Fill out the basic information about your business.
    7. Click Next.You'll now have the opportunity to provide the following information about your business:
    8. You can preview your listing as it will appear in Maps on the right side of your screen. New information will appear in the preview as you enter it. When you’re satisfied with your listing, click Submit at the bottom of the page.
    9. Choose how you would like to verify your listing and click Finish.
  3. Jill Smith

Jill Smith Member

My main concern is letter from google.I have already done what you wrote above. I am not receiving letters from google for verification.Have anyone received recently?
  4. softwaredevelopersuk

softwaredevelopersuk Member

Previously I verified my account through phone verification. Recent days google takes very long time to send the confirmation letter if your business located out of US.
  5. selvam.seo

selvam.seo Guest

It may be due to many number of people were registering their sites under local business listings. But Google will send you the confirmation letter, ones if you have given the proper address for your business.
  6. keyideas

keyideas Member

Yes, recently I have added my business places to local listings.
  7. webalwaysnext

webalwaysnext Member

why u choose letter option. you should verify you listing with sms or phone call service.

e
  8. Jill Smith

Jill Smith Member

For UK there is no sms or phone options available only postcard option available.
  9. eurozulu

eurozulu Member

Got card through from Google no problems
  10. George Miller

George Miller Member

They send letters for postal address verification. I got the postcard from google without any trouble.