1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

Google crawling

Discussion in 'Search Engines Forums' started by chlose, Jan 3, 2011.

1. chlose

chlose New Member

HI Webmasters this is chlose have a problem in caching of my site..

Actually i have shopping portal which is not cached by google as i have 5 categories in which 1 category regularly cached by google but home page & other categories are not cached from last 20 days.but my home page content is cached of 30 dec but home page caching date is 11 dec....

please suggest me that what is this..one more thing that there is a fluctuation in caching date as yesterday i checked the caching of one category it shows 16 dec but today it shows 12 dec.

please let me know the reason behind this caching fluctuation.....

Thanks in advance

Chlose

waiting for your reply...
  2. jaikanth12

jaikanth12 Member

Google's spiders regularly crawl the web to rebuild our index. Crawls are based on many factors such as PageRank, links to a page, and crawling constraints such as the number of parameters in a URL. Any number of factors can affect the crawl frequency of individual sites.
    If your inner page is not cached there might me some mistake in the page please send mail to Google so that they will let you know the reason behind this caching fluctuation.....
  3. Old Admin

Old Admin Administrator

You could be seeing results from different cache datacentres, Give it a couple of days and it should propagate across them all , Google isnt just one server in one location , it takes time to get them all in a "sync" of some kind.
  4. tennisconnexion

tennisconnexion New Member

I am also facing the same problem in cache date. Sometimes it shows 16 dec and sometime it shows 13 dec. My site's home page get crawled in between every 1-4 days and now my site is crawled but the date is not being shown in cache.
  5. Sandara Bacon

Sandara Bacon New Member

Maybe your home page and/or subpages has no update because Search Engine bot are skip their crawling once a webpage is no new update. Search Engine bot love a new and fresh content for crawling.
  6. sazymi

sazymi New Member

Update your site regularly and keep on posting something new and something interesting so that Google spider will crawl and index your site. You have to do something for your site that can attract visitors to visit you.
  7. balivillas

balivillas Moderator

I have a speculation that the cached pages varies by which particular keyword used to search the website. I'm afraid google stack up cached pages with different timeframe according to it's search categories.
  8. YooHee

YooHee Member

do you regularly update or redesign your website?? if so then give some time for the spiders to crawl and cache your website again...
  9. craigcdz

craigcdz New Member

Why do you need to cache it .. Have you change the content of your website???
  10. austin72

austin72 Member

Check you site content and links, If the content and links are proper then you need to do some quality link building for your site home page.
  11. YooHee

YooHee Member

i wonder how link building can also help in caching on google.... it may help a little, it can help your website to indexed, and indexing can help your website to be cache :D

@topic , another is that try to stop updating your website, and wait for a couple of days and you'll the results.... :D
  12. allanswagger

allanswagger New Member

Hello Friends,

Google crawls the Web at varying depths and on more than one schedule. The so-called deep crawl occurs roughly once a month. This extensive reconnaissance of Web content requires more than a week to complete and an undisclosed length of time after completion to build the results into the index. For this reason, it can take up to six weeks for a new page to appear in Google. Brand new sites at new domain addresses that have never been crawled before might not even be indexed at first.
    If Google relied entirely on the deep crawl, its index would quickly become outdated in the rapidly shifting Web. To stay current, Google launches various supplemental fresh crawls that skim the Web more shallowly and frequently than the deep crawl. These supplementary spiders (automated software programs that travel from link to link one the Web, collecting content from online pages) do not update the entire index, but they freshen it by updating the content of some sites. Google does not divulge its fresh-crawling schedules or targets, but Webmasters can get an indication of the crawl's frequency through sharp observance.

Thanks

13. rosesmark

rosesmark Member

Crawling:

• Domain importance
    • Backlinks
    • Deep Linking
    • Site navigation and hierarchy
    • XML sitemaps
    • Duplicate content reduction
    • URL canonicalization
    • URL stability and page uniqueness
    • Unique title tags
    • Manual crawl rate setting
    • Original content
    • Updates, feeds, pinging
    • Social Media
  14. ServerSea

ServerSea Moderator

Google's spiders regularly crawl the web to rebuild our index. Crawls are based on many factors such as PageRank, links to a page, and crawling constraints such as the number of parameters in a URL. Any number of factors can affect the crawl frequency of individual sites.
  15. anirban09P

anirban09P Member

Google crawling means that you are crawling Google, basically you are making requests to Google and extracting the data from their results and storing them for your usage at a later point.
  16. rajdeep

rajdeep Member

Crawling is also known as spider or Google bot. it visits on the web pages and check that everything is ok in the site if it finds duplicity it removes that page or site. Crawling is the process by which Google bot discovers new and updated pages to be added to the Google index.