1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

Google Buzz - Love it or hate it?

Discussion in 'General Webmaster Discussion' started by chococheese, May 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chococheese

chococheese New Member

Google Buzz is pretty much Google's response to Twitter. It is a feature integrated with Gmail that allows users to post statuses (similar to Twitter) as well as share additional content with posts. Buzz is still fairly new and has come into the light recently as several privacy flaws have been discovered with it. I personally don't use Buzz because I would rather use Twitter, but does anyone else use it or even use it to bring traffic to their websites?
  2. vipulmalhotra

vipulmalhotra New Member

Buzz is really bad as compared to twitter. Buzz has privacy issues. I use twitter
  3. ametis

ametis New Member

hate it.

Reason:
    don't like what it's done to my Gmail inbox
  4. chococheese

chococheese New Member

I would have to agree there. While it may be more convenient in theory to have the two integrated, I would much rather use a service separate of my inbox like Twitter.
  5. jeannie

jeannie New Member

Hi

This is a first heard of Google Buzz..
    The more I have read from this, might just have to check it out..Hearing alot of negatives in NEWS lately about Facebook so this might be the chance to moved on..
    Thanks for sharing..
  6. sazymi

sazymi New Member

I never use Google Buzz though in the first time i heard about it seems so cool. I was just thinking that how it can be more useful to me? After all i never tried it and i wouldn't like to try it anyway...
  7. chococheese

chococheese New Member

It's not really a full-out Facebook replacement/competitor but is much more comparable to Twitter in my opinion.

It pretty much takes the microblogging component from Twitter and allows other Buzz users to comment/reply directly to a post. These posts and their replies are then sorted out in a conversation list and integrated with the gmail inbox.
  8. WireNine

WireNine Member

Buzz would be another failed product from Google just like the Google Wave.
  9. chococheese

chococheese New Member

Oh right, I remember Wave. So that never made it out of beta?
  10. xLinkMasterx

xLinkMasterx New Member

Been using buzz for indexing my website content.
  11. ptgengye

ptgengye New Member

Personally, I use twitter for traffic purpose. The only useful feature inside Google Buzz is its profile page would generate some quality backlinks for my sites. :)

Thanks,
  12. diagurzula

diagurzula New Member

I like the Google buzz, as it allows you share updates, photos, links, and pretty much anything else you'd like with your Gmail contacts; it's an easy way to follow your friends, too. When you click Buzz in your Gmail account, you'll see the stream of posts from people you're following, and a box for you to post your updates.

13. poker princess

poker princess New Member

Yes google buzz is really effective, also it is new and has several features. Google buzz is much like FriendFeed, Google Buzz lets you import content from sites like Twitter, Flickr or Google Reader. You can follow interesting people, flag the items you like, add comments and get notifications in your inbox.
  14. SCHripts

SCHripts New Member

This about nails it spot on....

I wish it would have been a more successful endeavor, but it's not happening.

fb<all = (sucks but the way it is)
  15. chococheese

chococheese New Member

It's definitely interesting to hear what you guys who like Buzz have to say about it. I have really only heard mostly negative things about it from most people including myself, but its always good to see a mix of opinions out there. I wouldn't exactly call Buzz a failed product since I believe a lot of people are using it. I still prefer Twitter though and by not using Buzz, it means I have one less thing to update since I already have Facebook and Twitter to post to.
  16. SCHripts

SCHripts New Member

I kinda blanket everything with FAIL if it doesn't become #1. My mistake, Your right.... It's obviously isn't a complete failure.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.