1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

General SEO Approach for Bing

Discussion in 'Bing' started by Brainshakers, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Brainshakers

Brainshakers Member

Hi,

Consistency: Ensure the signals are pointing in the same direction. URL structure and canonicalization, internal linking, rel=canonical tags, XML sitemaps, robots exclusions, should all follow canonical standards for your site.

Efficiency: Enable compression and http conditional GET with If-Modified-Since to give the crawler a break. (Bingbot supercedes msnbot, but the latter should still be used in robots.txt and elsewhere redundantly with bingbot until officially deprecated.) Microsoft has a handy tool for checking both compression and conditional get requests.

Quality: Have high-quality content. Don't try to squeak by with thin content and lots of authority pushed through the link profile.

Links: While I hate to say it, Bing's engine certainly appears susceptible to link spam. Not a good thing, and I'm not advocating anyone follow the path of paid links, but they sadly seem to work all too well on Bing today.
  2. balivillas

balivillas Moderator

If you balance the amount of your links in not so trusted site and to other website that have been up for a long time with good reputation, I think it's OK to pursue some aggressive link building stratefy like link buying and viral approach.
  3. jayrudalf

jayrudalf New Member

Well it is nice to see your views on bing. I personally believe for bing we must promote our site in as many sites as we can.
  4. transcribe

transcribe New Member

Bing indexes sites slower than Google, is it true?