1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

For that website speed

Discussion in 'Website Design' started by krisov, Mar 17, 2010.

1. krisov

krisov Banned

You have a stunning website with wonderful and meaning content be it images, content, videos or whatever it may be but if the content load time is not as expected by the website visitor or its just testing the visitor patience then the chances are that the visitor either backs off from the site or just opens another site. So its a painful experience for both the website builder and the visitor. So a website page load should match with the download speed.
  2. SeoKungFu

SeoKungFu Active Member

Yes, this is not to be ignored. Overall usability as well, but load time is crucial for whoever visits your site for a first time. Chances for boosting up the bounce rates with slow and heavy pages are the highest.
  3. kanna84

kanna84 New Member

Thank you for sharing.. Also i want to share my experiences with you... About domain name and hosting services.. Its basically the web development process.. I got my domain name in here thewebpole.com/ @ reliable costs...
  4. Red Paul

Red Paul New Member

There's a useful tool under development in Google Webmaster Tools taht shows ave page load times and gives suggestions on how to improve... very useful
  5. kawaiithemes

kawaiithemes New Member

i agree krisov! i have a pet forum, and one of the reason why i decided to create one of my own is that the other pet forum that i go to loads way too slow :p
  6. ptgengye

ptgengye New Member

Right, it is said that Google would take the page loading time as a ranking factor in the near future. Anyhow, a nice loading time would be really helpful for increasing customers' experiences. :)

Thanks,
  7. Svalek

Svalek New Member

What else can cause a bad speed?
  8. sazymi

sazymi New Member

Site speed is important because most of the visitors are leaving your page instantly if your page can not load fast. They are tend to find other site which is easy to see the whole page than to stay with a slow one. If your page can't load fast and visitors will leave you that can be considered as another bounce rate.
  9. oheon

oheon New Member

In the future, Internet bandwidth will increase. But, of course, visitors need now, on the need to optimize your site for speed. You are right. Incidentally, this also depends on the speed of the hosting.
  10. Mega B

Mega B Member

Speed i feel is a big factor if you have a big site we have a few filehosting sites that would not be viable to run on a slow speed connection as visitors to the site would go and find a faster alternative and also as i understand it google will start to factor speed into the future ranking of sites.
  11. jaikanth12

jaikanth12 Member

There is no tool which can improve speed of downloading web page if web design of web page is bad. Besides that Mutt Cutts from google said that web page speed is not so important if web page is useful, original and interesting for visitors.But the speed is very important as it attracts many visitors and it would increase the business standards
  12. kinzie

kinzie New Member

Whatever they say, loading speed does matter - cuz slow sites are irritating and you wouldn't want to stay and come back to your site again. Ok seo-wise it might not be so important, but traffic-wise it's a must. So you better get good hosting and simplify your design, coding, etc.
  13. mintdesignnz

mintdesignnz New Member

Site loading time is an important SEO ranking factor. If your website's load time it very long, you should expect that visitors will look for other sites and your bounce rate will go up.
  14. jonbiles22

jonbiles22 New Member

Precisely, just explore webmaster tool and you can fix you problem. :)
  15. bhuvana12

bhuvana12 New Member

thank you kanna84..It's really helpful!!
  16. rsseosolution

rsseosolution New Member

thats the reason my websites are not flash based. i keep them simple