1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

Flipping or Selling

Discussion in 'Website Flipping' started by wealthucreate, May 14, 2012.

1. wealthucreate

wealthucreate Member

How do we evaluate the price of blog.
    If a blog has 500 visitors will that get sold at higher price?

what is the easiest option to sell... how much one can expect for one year personal finance blog.
    why would one buy at the first place? i thought its only the web adress that matter max to them
  2. Andrus

Andrus New Member

I have sold few blogs before and mainly buyers are looking at traffic and adsense, though there are people who also see a bigger picture and what it could be worth with some effort. For example if a domain name is brandable, easy to remember.. etc. Site is well built, good business idea behind it....
  3. sitefocuz

sitefocuz Member

Basically the valuation for small web sites is around 10x - 12x one months revenue. So monitize it and have steady income for few months before you put it up for sale. On sites like flippa, without income proof for last few months, you are unlikely to get any serious bids. And yes, adsense is only one of the options to monitize the site. For niche sites, affiliate programs could work very well. It is important that you experiment and find the right way of monitizing your site before you sell - that is if you really want to sell it!
  4. bingomad

bingomad Member

you sell your website on either fippa or sedo there is another place to look like sitepoint or digitalpoint forum marketplace.
  5. littlemisschic

littlemisschic New Member

Yes!
    You can defintley find a better bargan on sitepoint than on flippa, I bought a website through a broker using flippa thinking I was protected. When I found out the books were all wrong and the company was overvalued Nobody wanted to claim ownership for the lack of due dillegence.
    Thats something you will not get on sitepoint! You are always sure to get a fair deal, whatever kind of site you choose to buy.
  6. bodegazine

bodegazine New Member

traffic and earnings! if both are high then u can def get a good sale!
  7. Jacob_Thompson

Jacob_Thompson Member

Nice information. Got some tips about selling of blogs. Thanks for the share.
  8. Olin Lamanna

Olin Lamanna Member

It depends on other factors like the age, traffic, even the quality of contents of your website.