1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

Firefox freezing alot ?

Discussion in 'Computer & IT Forum' started by Old Admin, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Old Admin

Old Admin Administrator

Anyone else getting Firefox freezing alot , its only started happening the past 2 days , nothing new has been installed , no new updates or anything , When i disable the google toolbar it happens less regularly however it does still happen.

Ive also uninstalled and reinstalled all FF plugins and ran a full spyware scan but the system is clean, also cleared cache , cookies with no success.

Any ideas ?
  2. picond

picond New Member

Yes i am getting the crash report if i stay more than 5min in gmail. what would be the problem. it automatically closes at times.will i need to change anything in the settings or just need to install it again. is there anysolution other than re-installing
  3. midlandi

midlandi Can you smell that?

I stopped using Firefox a while back now, changed to Google Chrome, much better!
  4. Old Admin

Old Admin Administrator

Found the problem , it was actually some malware which had infected the java console , slowing everything down , the only thing that picked it up was hijackthis , which after that had found it Nod suddenly cleaned up the rest .

Chrome is good but i like the tools that Firefox offer , i feel dirty with out my tools
  5. JacktheFlipper

JacktheFlipper Member

I have to say I've had some very good reviews about Google Chrome, my business partner swears by it although i've never used it. I don't like the look of it
  6. Old Admin

Old Admin Administrator

Yeah ive heard some good things , mainly that its faster than shite off a shovel. If only it had the something like FF's Firebug i would use it but Firebug saves me so much time that chrome being a couple of milliseconds faster really doesnt entice me
  7. pixelbob

pixelbob New Member

It would be great if Google Chrome have add-on like in Firefox. The reason why I use Firefox it is because of its free add-on.
  8. Harry123

Harry123 New Member

it might be your computer problem..for me ff is like fire :p
  9. sheril123

sheril123 New Member

i have so far had no problems with firefox except for it crashed 2 or 3 times when i opened more than 20 tabs.. otherwise it is working fine for me..
  10. eurozulu

eurozulu Member

Addon's i find are the reason Firefox slows down or freezes just try disabling them one at a time. seo quake is bad for slowing down or
    not responding.
  11. martincrow

martincrow Member

It has been the common issue with firefox since a long time, i also observed this kind of crash report, sudden crashing is the main problem faced by me at least once in a day.
  12. SeoKungFu

SeoKungFu Active Member

I am with you on this one :))))
    Glad that you fixed the issue and that you shared the experience.
    Oh, BTW, might be related - I got warning from my bank few weeks ago about malware potential in the JVM, so they suggested upgrading the in-browser Java. I rarely bother with suggestions to upgrade, especially on unstable situations ( such as with Word DePress ! :) ), but this time I not only had the right version ( brand new laptop at the time ) but I also did re-install the Java, just in case, to cover the base.
    Such things as virtual machines and code execution/buffer overruns etc vulnerabilities are serious thing, that is the point and are system-wide affecting - I would check the whole system even against clean copy of the system folders - all .DLLs and .SYS and .EXE ( if .COM as well present ) especially ! You might have removed the malware from the JVM, but are you sure it is not lurking inside the operating system already. Ring 0 grabbed ( old school assembly-language slang - the modern architecture has hardware protection of who can execute what, and RING 0 is where the iron - drivers and all - work. Some malware manage to get into the core .dll's and all, and they make a 'ring 0 grab', then your are beebotheth off.
  13. che09

che09 Member

I'm on the same boat. I'd stick with Firefox. Glad to know you've already fix the problem.
  14. devileye

devileye Active Member

firefox is the only browser which i have been using for at least one years but i have not faced such types of problem till now.
  15. florin.hangu

florin.hangu New Member

i get this issues to, but this happens only once at few days...
  16. raghunand

raghunand Member

I would like to say remove the registry entries by using the command of "regedit".
  17. Kat

Kat New Member

Well I don't use firefox just because of this problem, I use google chrome because it is better to use.
  18. aaron0345

aaron0345 Member

yes i agree with you its freezing because its a heavy program and sport many others applications aswell .
    that is why its freezing and crash some time .
  19. devileye

devileye Active Member

I didn't face this sort of problem. My Firefox is running nice and easy.
  20. Simion

Simion Member

Yes i am also facing the similar problem in Firefox.