1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

Domain Ownership Question

Discussion in 'Domain Name Forum' started by Phil2511, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Phil2511

Phil2511 Member

Hi guys been a while since i was on here, hope you are all well.

Anyways the question i have is for a friend of mine.

He paid a guy to make him a website for him, somewhere down the line the website was discontinued but the domain name is still registered in the name of the webmaster until the 22/4/13.

My friend says that the webmaster he used does not want the domain name and he would like to keep it either to get another site onto by myself or just to own as it is related to his business and he has the www on his van and clothing.

There is also another guy who approached him about purchasing the domain name obviously for his business as it is similar.

He asked me today how he would go about purchasing the domain name without having to contact the webmaster, and without the other guy getting it first.

Hope that all makes sense

Thanks in advance

Phil
  2. Phil2511

Phil2511 Member

Anyone any ideas? Or does he need to bite the bullet and go to the web designer? Or just try and buy it as soon as it comes available? I read on another topic that it can take between 30 and 60 days as its a .com domain.
  3. JazzB

JazzB Member

Since the webmaster does not want it then why not simply talk to him? Or he can also backorder the domain name but that's a tedious process.
  4. Phil2511

Phil2511 Member

As far as I am aware they had a bit of a disagreement at renewal time. Although he paid for the domain for 3 years it was registered by the web designer and is in the WD's name. I think the back order route will be the way forward for him.

Its a .com so hopefully only take a month or so.
  5. freddypete

freddypete Member

The only way is to make a backorder the domain name. But in your case it would be of zero possibility as the webmaster or the other guy would not allow the domain name to expire. Or else you can contact the webmaster as a third party and buy the domain name from him. Once the domain name is transferred to you, It would be take some days to get updated in whois database. You can have a free whois search often from WhoisXY.Com to ensure that the domain name has been transferred to you.