1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

Domain Name suggestion

Discussion in 'Domain Name Forum' started by Gewing2, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Gewing2

Gewing2 New Member

Hi,

I need a domain name for a software/web development company.

Please give me some suggestions! I will prefer domain ending with sys.com

Please let me know if you can suggest some good domain or have a good domain with the above criteria . . . .

Thanks.
  2. goodluckdomain

goodluckdomain Member

Use Google keyword tool for Domain Suggestion and use any domain registrar website.
  3. ServerSea

ServerSea Moderator

Well could tell me your company name so that i will suggest good and catchy domain names to you.
  4. Jacob_Thompson

Jacob_Thompson Member

If you would like themetic domain then try keyword+location, keyword+country, industry+popluar state
    or find keywords which generate high for your competitors.
  5. ServerSea

ServerSea Moderator

Also try to go with a domain name which is small and catchy..
  6. SharpEye007

SharpEye007 New Member

I suggest using some other tools too in addition to the Google tool - any and all of these are pretty good: word tracker, keyword discovery or sem rush. also do use some tools that check search volume to competition ratio for a keyword (if you are looking for a keyword domain) - something like link assistant rank tracker. if you are shooting for a keyword domain - use 2-3 words max -long ones look pretty spammy though good for seo

as for a brand name - anything short and creative is good - make sure that this word or its variation is not already taken by some other business - otherwise you wont even be able to rank well for your branded word which is kind of lame. the word doesn't have to be technology related at all. site promotion strategy will be quite different in this case as you will have to do quite a bit of brand building.
  7. balivillas

balivillas Moderator

You should try going to some webmaster keyword tool to check which keywords are competitive enough to be your domain name. Like Google Keyword External Tool or Bing's. These can sure help you decide especially if you want to target organic traffic from search engines.
  8. che09

che09 Member

Make sure you'll choose the one that can easily recall. Catchy yet memorable!
  9. Vikki

Vikki Member

You can use one of the keywords,an anagram o rabbreviation.
    Main thing that the word was short and memorable
  10. Merin

Merin New Member

Hey you would have surely found a domain till now :)

I prefer using keyword rich domain if wanna target keyword based micro sites but if you are looking to buy domain for business purpose or for a company name then i would suggest searching for some unique name which should be short as well as catchy
  11. junkyboy

junkyboy New Member

hi, you can add your name or your well wisher's name before sys..and the check it any domain registrar website like Whoisxy for the availability of domain ..if it is available you can register it..
  12. venkat20

venkat20 New Member

hi, you can add your name or your well wisher's name before sys..and the check it any domain registrar website like Whoisxy for the availability of domain ..if it is available you can register it..
  13. Mark Wang

Mark Wang Member

How about GoogleFather.com:)
  14. montenegrom

montenegrom Member

Generate a list of keywords, add "sys" to each, and check combined phrases by groups of 50 on moniker or internet bs.
  15. sitefocuz

sitefocuz Member

Asking for a suggestion on forum will not help in this case, since almost all good names are already taken. You may have to find one yourself and probably settle for a country ccTLD rather than a .com. Even with that, it is not going to be easy for sure. If you want to copyright the name, you may have to check with a consultant before you finalize, in your country.
  16. goodluckdomain

goodluckdomain Member

hi,
    Choose a domain related to your business, and the keywords related, this will help in the long run.
  17. devileye

devileye Active Member

domain name selection is not hard but before selecting a domain name we much careful that our chosen name does not match with others domain name.if somehow it match with other's domain name that it may create lot of problem.so before selecting a domain name,search it through google and make sure that it is unique name.
  18. cling hillman

cling hillman Member

I think you should not overly think about this. Just look for the keyword you want to target in SEO terms. Then see if any is available. If not one is available, you could just add "sys" to the end of the keyword. Or abbreviate the keyword and add sys to it.
  19. freddypete

freddypete Member

You can try with some domain name generators. It could give you innovative ideas. Then you can go on for registration with any reliable domain registrar. If the desired domain name has already been registered, You can have a Whois look up on the specific domain name at www.WhoisXY.com . This could give the domain name registrant detail. You can then contact the domain holder for a domain bargain if he or she wishes to sell it.
  20. cling hillman

cling hillman Member

I see that the original poster hasn't replied yet. What do you think of our suggestions? Have you bought any domains already?