1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

Does Very Old Content Is Still Effective.?

Discussion in 'SEO Forum' started by borgninestallone, Mar 5, 2013.

1. borgninestallone

borgninestallone Member

The content in my site's home page very old. I have not changed and it has been the same for past 2 years. I was ranking very well for one of the keyword. My site will be in 3rd position. But after the recent panda update, my site's ranking went back to 2nd page and now it is in 9th position. Every time i check its position changes.

Do i need to change my site's home page content because of the algorithm change. But my site does not have copied content. Help me in retaining my site's keyword to original position.
  2. alphaomegalady

alphaomegalady Member

You don't have to change it, just create some new fresh content. Or build new links from social media sites.
  3. Cyborg Digital

Cyborg Digital Member

Search engines like fresh and unique content. And when your website content is contemporary the visitor also likes and it helps in influencing the buyers decision as well. Visitors are also attracted to new and quality content and information so you should work on adding new content to the site and keep adding to it regularly.
  4. pinkhand

pinkhand Member

I think you should add new content to your website..
  5. robertpattirson

robertpattirson New Member

Check your site content which should have unique and if you find duplicate then replace with unique content.
    And your keywords has to present in content of the page according keyword density. Meta tags should not have over optimised to get keyword ranking.
  6. Shyma Jones

Shyma Jones Member

You Should Update Your Website Content and then do quality link building.
  7. noahwilson

noahwilson Member

Yes, you did not change your site content to long time, after google update many sites facing this problem, so i think you should be change your content with fresh and quality content.
  8. alma mott

alma mott Member

It is important to update your website, it is a must to create quality and fresh content regularly to keep up with your page rank.