1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

Do you steal content?

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by SeoKungFu, Feb 11, 2010.

1. SeoKungFu

SeoKungFu Active Member

Or do you respect other people's work and write your own articles or hire someone ?
  2. Old Admin

Old Admin Administrator

I have used RSS syndication before in some sections of a site , whether you class that as stealing or not is another matter, I once had a guy threatening me to go to court because he wanted his content ( with a link back ) removed from our site because it was ranking above his lol , Unfortunatly if you have RSS enabled then its just inviting people to use snippets or full content peace with a link back , thats what RSS actually means. People forget that RSS is a syndication.

But apart from that one instance i have articles written for me all the time , at the moment im having roughly 30 articles made per week for me and my clients
  3. Caleb

Caleb Member

When I write paid articles I write them the way I would write them never taking anyone elses articles. Even for my site. I would never want to be sued or something.
  4. ~kev~

~kev~ Active Member

I respect other peoples property rights. Its too easy to get my camera and take my own pictures, or film my own video.

Just yesterday I setup a tent next to my house, took my own pictures and filmed my own video. 2 - 3 hours later the video was edited and uploaded to youtube. This evening i'll take the pictures I took and write my own article.

Creating your own content is not that difficult, if your willing to take the time to do it.
    1 person likes this.
  5. crescendo

crescendo Guest

In India no one cares copyrights, Every one stolen contents from Internet.
  6. sazymi

sazymi New Member

Oh yeah, i knew it and you know what? its plagiarism. It feels great when you have created a unique and quality article for your site though you can get ideas from other article but you have to make sure that you don't copy it or put their link as your resources in your article.
  7. faye valentine

faye valentine New Member

Creating your "own" and "unique" content are rarely to find over the net unless you write about your personal life/experience. I usually making a lot of research when making a certain article (and that was time consuming), i read the articles from the Author X and Author Y and Z. I compare them, analyzed, give my insights to their articles then revised it and voila! I created another article. Does it count as stealing?! I guess not, as long you have quoted them when you are referring to a factual article.
  8. Exzekiel

Exzekiel New Member

i dont know if its still stealing if you add a more elaborate details or if you get idea thru the use of posted articles.
    i usually surf the net find something nice then add some more, but most of the time because my boss want a more "mine" articles i just get the title then read some other articles related.
  9. White

White Member

I write my own articles, otherwise if I have to use someone elses work I get permission first and if granted I do the respectful thing and give a citation and a link back to their website.
  10. Siyal

Siyal New Member

Quality of article is important, so if someone else write an articel for you, still you will have to do a verification, so suggest better you do it yourself.
  11. fizzer

fizzer Member

actually i am an article writer and strictly think that this is wrong to steal some one's content
  12. srjan

srjan New Member

If you like the article of blogger A and you want to post it on your blog, make a credits to the blogger A. One way you can detect if your article is duplicate by checking it at: dustball(dot)com/cs/plagiarism.checker/
  13. rajni12

rajni12 Member

Google strictly says to give penalty or take action of keywords ranking down those sites content are copied in the new updation of his algorithm. So don't copy content from other site. If you do that no benefit would get to your site.
  14. balivillas

balivillas Moderator

By respecting other people's work, retaining their resource links and original author information would be a nice way to put it. You might need to direct your readers to where did you originally find the article.
  15. sunexim

sunexim New Member

You can mold the words from a present article but it still not safe.So its not a bad thing to hire professionals. Stealing content is bad thing but if you got caught then it will be worse.So sit & thing that if you can write,if not then hire someone.but don't think to steal content.
  16. rsseosolution

rsseosolution New Member

stealing content is a crime according to me. i believe only in originality
  17. summerwilkins

summerwilkins New Member

You have to make your own for you to stand out. Being unique is good at times. Making your own content gives you the privilege to take a property. Whether a material or not.
  18. montenegrom

montenegrom Member

Google is banning sites with stolen content. Period.
  19. PrimeOutsourc

PrimeOutsourc Member

Unique articles paid well in the end. It generally takes time but there is this overwhelming feeling that you have done and accomplished something in the end. Reading your OWN articles gives you a pride and joy that is surely one of a kind. :)
  20. devileye

devileye Active Member

I never steal any content from other writers. While writing articles, if ever anything comes across that is unknown to me, even then I try to collect information on the topic and write my own unique content.