1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

Do you agree with me?

Discussion in 'Domain Name Forum' started by Mattlav, Jul 6, 2010.

1. myname

myname New Member

i think domain name should be short and based on keyword it will help in indexing and also it is also seo friendly url structure .
  2. devileye

devileye Active Member

i think domain name should easy to remember.because you don't want to be the company with the terrific website that no one can ever remember to tell their friends about because they can't remember the domain name.
  3. aafreen

aafreen New Member

yeh.. I agree with you... at all/
  4. Luibokoretti

Luibokoretti New Member

yes i am agree with your opinion
  5. majikstone

majikstone New Member

It depends. If you are building a web application that will probably be accessed directly, a tool that would help people, then yes, a shorter TLD would be better. But if you're building an educational site on a specific niche, then chances are most people will come through a search engine and will not come back too often. In that case having a relevant keyword in the TLD could help you quite a bit in achieving better rankings (however, not so much as it used to be before Panda and Penguin).
  6. Michael James Swan

Michael James Swan New Member

I think that it is part and part.

A shorter domain name can be easier to remember, and may even be easier to brand than those of a larger kind.

Then again, I think that a longer domain name that has all the relevant keywords in (not spammy though) would be just as good.

Obviously that is providing that your domain is not XZYMSKDhostingNS.com or something really silly like that.

The domain name "should" make sense, unless you have a "large" budget for branding and marketing.
  7. bauss

bauss New Member

I like short domains, but the length of a domain isn't everything. It's the name that matters, if you have a good name you'll know it. That's how I feel about the name of my forum ThePokerTalk.com. I'd prefer to have PokerTalk.com, but ThePokerTalk.com is still a excellent domain name.
  8. rob

rob New Member

Short names are usually more stylish than long and hard-to-remember ones. Also, short domains tend to be "unique" more often. What would you think if Amazon wasn't Amazon, but something like Buybooksandstuffonline dot com? That would sound so generic and easy to mistake for another similar domain.
  9. Far East Holidays

Far East Holidays Member

domain name is always small and attractive for all.
  10. Johnwilson225

Johnwilson225 New Member

Yes, I agree with you. All my websites I have has short catchy name. I say between 5-10 letter on each domain I have. I prefer the short catchy names because people can remember them without an problem.
  11. amalayer

amalayer Member

I agree with the short and catchy name. The one that would be easily remembered.