1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

[Discussion]Graphic Designer - Natural Talent or Design Degrees?

Discussion in 'Graphics and Design' started by jani, Jul 9, 2009.

1. jani

jani Designer

I want to conduct a discussion here about the topic "Graphic Designers - Natural Talent or Design Degrees"?

I am a graphic designer but I did not know anything about it until I joined the Multimedia course few years back. When I started studying designing I got lots of interest in it and I choose it as a career.

But there are many people who are very creative by birth and when they learn graphic designing their work just get much better and professional.

What do you think who can be a successful graphic designer? the one with creative mind by birth or anyone can be a great designer because he just needs to learn graphic designing?

Please share your opinions.
  2. The Dude

The Dude New Member

I am also a graphic designer, but for me it is something I have always been interested in. I have a creative family, all very good at art - I just took a slightly different route and played about with photoshop when I was 14, then got hooked. From there i taught myself, taking inspiration from others, yet its only in the last 2 years i have been working within the industry, and i love it!

I don't have any degrees or anything like that, but if you have an interest and want to learn, i believe you can design if you want to but a natural element from birth or being in a creative family can help get you off the mark :)