1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

Difference between Joomla and WordPress ?

Discussion in 'General Programming' started by hirephpexpert, Aug 23, 2012.

1. hirephpexpert

hirephpexpert New Member

2. Yesceeohhh

Yesceeohhh Member

Joomla and wordress are the popular CMS prefered by most of the webmasters as it is easy to install, customize.

Joomla is the best CMS to build a website because of its power and flexibilityof Joomla CMS. Reasons for its vast popularity are its features, numerous capabilities and a custom database. Joomla offers a complex multiple user privilege system, with user registration while WordPress does not have the privilege system. Joomla is also the best open source CMS solution when it comes to multiple user groups. For me personally from the comparison between Joomla vs WordPress, I prefer Joomla.
  3. raghunand

raghunand Member

Yes, I agree with you Yesceeohh, Joomla is best for Content management Systems.
  4. Milesgeek

Milesgeek Member

Just because of power and flexibility provided by these CMS, Wordpress and Joomla has become most popular CMS available on the market. I would recommend both :)
  5. sunitha12

sunitha12 Guest

Joomla , the most popular open source CMS in the world. Joomla is used for an enormous range of applications and organizations. Joomla! has an extremely large following and support group providing more and more improvements and features. Joomla. It is very simple to set up and understand - there are even extensions available that will simplify the control panel further.
    Wordpress will be the best choice for your client if you want an easy to manage CMS.
    The people who have enough knowledge about coding also will build the website without any difficulties. WordPress! For the end user to maintain, it is the most user friendly. I've developed on all 3 systems and find WP incredibly easier for my clients to navigate and update posts.
    tonnisymond likes this.
  6. tonnisymond

tonnisymond New Member

If user want want to make a community or a network with a membership area, newsroom, forums, articles, etc then Joomla is a good option for them.You can update WordPress blog site without any html knowledge. When you have define out your requirements you can get best solution by testing and evaluating the different options.
  7. srishtimehta

srishtimehta Member

They both are good. Wordpress is mostly used for blogging purpose. While Joomla is used for average website. Joomla is easy to use, and is full blown CMS. Joomla has more functionality than Wordpress. Joomla plugin add-ons provides highly dynamic features, you can easily develop additional features using Joomla's Development API. And Joomla enable users to build a website with template- based management.
  8. semaphore.v

semaphore.v Member

WordPress combines simplicity for users and publishers with under-the-hood complexity for developers. This makes it flexible while still being easy-to-use.