1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

Dedicated Server or VPS recommendations

Discussion in 'Web Hosting Forum' started by Humza Bajwa, Aug 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scynt

scynt New Member

For me, Knownhost has been the only choice when it comes to VPS. Been with them for close to 3 years now and have experienced very, very little downtime (couple of minutes in total) and they reply within minutes after sending them emails. For me, they're the best :)
  2. ServerSea

ServerSea Moderator

Both Vps And Dedicated Servers have their own importance. Most of people prefer VPS because it costs cheaper than Dedicated Server.
  3. Susan_Hosting

Susan_Hosting New Member

If you still want a choice I would suggest dailyrazor.com , great service and support unlimited domains and bandwidth at a lowest price and they offer a money back guarantee
  4. ServerSea

ServerSea Moderator

Susan is it Shared hosting service provider? If yes then one should read the terms and conditions before purchasing because there are certain limits of everything in shared hosting there is nothing unlimited in this world.
  5. paullopez

paullopez Member

You are absoluteness right :)

But there are unlimited imbeciles exist in this world who are always searching unlimited things so I think we need to left them on their destiny.
  6. ServerSea

ServerSea Moderator

Yes you are right but if a person want a build a big project website with high bandwidth requirements then Dedicated server or Vps is the best solution.
  7. paullopez

paullopez Member

re:

hmmm and if a person want to build bigger project there are other option also available such as load balanced server hosting. It is not a cheap solution, but I think we can recommend it along with dedicated server hosting solution. Load balancing is a perfect solution for those websites who have a heavy web traffic.
  8. ServerSea

ServerSea Moderator

Yes you are right paullopez but Dedicated Server and Vps are very popular and majority of companies prefer them for their projects.
  9. paullopez

paullopez Member

re:

Yeah I agreed with your point, but if a company want more redundancy in hosting environment you can offer them load balancing solution for fault tolerance system. As it is nothing but a cluster of dedicated servers, where one server play the role of master server and other as the slave servers to fetch the data always. So I think, those who have a real big projects should rely on more advanced technology, however, it just my personal opinion. After all it depends on their hosting budget.
  10. ServerSea

ServerSea Moderator

Thanks Paullopez. Yes its a good suggestion and it reduces the price. Premium hosting plans are also offered from some companies for high requirement websites these plans have Dedicated resources.
  11. paullopez

paullopez Member

Thanks ServerSea, as you've made this discussion more interesting.

Almost all we have made this thread as an identical resource for many users, which will help them while they found themselves in confusion whether to select VPS or Dedicated Server.
  12. White

White Member

13. mr.log

mr.log New Member

Well, I thin you guys give a chance to new companies like IWebHostU - May be they full fill your expectations ! Not all the time biggest ORG good you.. know! :)
  14. ServerSea

ServerSea Moderator

Yes Its really nice to give chance to new companies because some companies are providing Excellent services but before purchase you should read terms and conditions and features of hosting.
  15. paullopez

paullopez Member

Yeah, it is not necessary to always deal with popular web hosts in the market. There are plenty new web hosts available in the web hosting industry who offers market's best breed solutions. However, it's very important to check companies background before taking any decision. If you are planning to deal with newish web host, then always ask them about their technical staff members strength that be helpful for you to avoid further complications and if possible visit main branch office of the web host to check their self claimed trustworthiness.
  16. ServerSea

ServerSea Moderator

Thanks Paullopez :) Yes we are helping all other users and thats really a very good thing. I really love to help others because information should be shared with everyone.
    1 person likes this.
  17. paullopez

paullopez Member

While promoting our services on forums; I always like to make a good conversation with other web hosts as well. This kind of discussions are very important to keep up healthy competition among web hosting industry. Additionally, this is not only useful for customers, but also helpful for web hosts to maintain a good business relationship with one another.
  18. ServerSea

ServerSea Moderator

Well same here. Forums are a good medium to get knowledge and provide knowledge to others. On daily bases we learn something and it helps everyone to improve the services and good relation with each other.
  19. Linc

Linc Member

hostgator dedicated server plan has competitive price and they offers many free addons. you can have a look.
  20. ServerSea

ServerSea Moderator

Well Hostgator is a good company but are they charge any hidden fees? There are lots of companies who are showing very low prices of their Hosting plans on the website but when you going to buy it you can see they are charging you hidden charges also.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.