1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

.com, .net. or .org

Discussion in 'Domain Name Forum' started by ryu, Feb 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ryu

ryu New Member

I know people buy hudreds of domains everyday, not one person buys hundreds, many people lol, and i want to ask which would you prefer, a .com a .net or a .org domain if you had to choose and all three were available? and why?
  2. njoker555

njoker555 New Member

im a .com guy, all the domains i have bought in my life always ended in a .com --- recently i almost bought a .net for a new directory idea i had, i already have a directory but wanted to start another, but i changed my mind because i didnt really want a .net lol, but i may buy a .net in the future and see how it feels to own a .net
  3. monkie

monkie New Member

i do think .net looks cooler, i havent bought too many domains in my life, just three to be exact, one .net and 2 .com -- all are gone now, the .net i sold for $20 a few years ago, forgot name, it was somethingblog.net -- it was good domain but i didnt have time to use it, i found a buyer a month before expiration :)
  4. jumpenjuhosaphat

jumpenjuhosaphat New Member

If I had a choice, it would always be .com. But that's not to say that .coms have much more value than any other TLD, they all can have equal value, if they are well developed.
  5. ryu

ryu New Member

i agree with that, and to add to that, .com domains are the most registered on the net, .mobi being new is the lowest, and its expensive too, .coms are just harder to get because they always seem to be registered, .coms are more common than the rest
  6. alecsing

alecsing New Member

I always buy .com domains. I have never bought any other. Although, if you have an organization, .org would be good, still, otherwise, I don't think there is much difference between .com and .net.
  7. midlandi

midlandi Can you smell that?

It seems .com is the preffered choice, i tended to agree untill i checked some of my bookmarks, and you know what.....loads of .net and .co.uk!!!!!!
    So why are we all so .com mad?
  8. sweetangel

sweetangel New Member

I'd always for for .com, but recently Ive found people buying a lot of .info domains and develop it and then sell. But for me it does look unprofessional selling website with .info
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.