1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

Cleaning up html

Discussion in 'Dreamweaver' started by midlandi, Mar 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. midlandi

midlandi Can you smell that?

My understanding is that using dreamweaver creates alot of unecessary or "dirty" html.
    Is there a good way to tidy this up without a long process?
  2. GiorgosK

GiorgosK New Member

Well my advise
    Don't use dreamweaver,
    I use notepad for my HTML/CSS coding
    because it does insert unnecessary HTML code sometimes
  3. jazzi

jazzi New Member

Dreamweaver creating dirty code is one of those nasty rumours that was believed to have been started by the Micro$oft marketing department many years ago - back when Dreamweaver MX was launched.

DW has come a very, very long way since then - and the latest CS3 build can create semantic strict XHTML code as well as the next editor.

Of course, the only way to contol exactly what ends up online is to hand-code it. I do this sometimes, but only because it sharpens my skills! ;)
  4. ST-Mike

ST-Mike TriPHP Contributor

Any WYSIWYG editor I've used has generated inneccessary HTML/CSS - it's just one of those things, it's a program and not a human.. the result isn't ever going to be perfect! If you really want nice layed out code etc, I personally recommend learning HTML and writing it yourself :) Very rewarding once you learn CSS/HTML and then other languages yourself :D
  5. Red Paul

Red Paul New Member

I've always found Dreamweaver pretty efficient at creating clean html... but all wysiwyg programs will create inefficient code if you do lots of editing.

Dreamweaver has a 'clean up html' button which does a good job at removing unneccesary duplicate formatting tags etc.

If you want to sea an example of really, really dirty html, try exporting from Word!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.