1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

Choose a faster browser

Discussion in 'Computer & IT Forum' started by jamey, May 31, 2009.

1. jamey

jamey New Member

There's a strong debate around this in the internet world. We all know that until the moment Google released Google Chrome, they were heavily promoting Firefox as the fastest browser. I don't know what deal they had going and even if Firefox is free and open source I believe money was involved like in any other real life thing.

None the less Firefox is and will continue to be the best browser in my opinion. But now the tables had turned. Google decided it wants total monopoly. And it did the inevitable. It launched its own browser: Google Chrome.

Guess what's their promotional message? Let me tell you: They claim to have the fastest browser.

This is a promotional message used to advertise Chrome to Gmail users. But Google doesn't stop here. They are fighting strong. For example. I downloaded the DivX web player last week from DivX site. It came bundled with the Chrome browser. Does this sound familiar? It does to me. It seems Google is investing a lot of money into this. Who can blame them. I would go for total monopoly myself, and who wouldn't.

Now here is the real question? Do you really thing Google Chrome is the fastest browser? Personally I heard that FireFox Minefield (currently in beta state) is the world's fastest browser. It is said that it has a new javascript engine designed to make it even faster than before.
  2. Hyperion

Hyperion Website Trader

FireFox Minefield has very positive reviews around the net but it is still in alpha version so it will take months before they realise the golden version.

i personally use FF3 and safari but i havent found much difference on the speed.

is it really an issue to load the page a quarter of a second faster ????

i would prefer to see more features and security upgrades than speed to be honest.
  3. imported_Chris

imported_Chris New Member

I just tried FireFox Minefield, I did notice some serious speed increase! But it's far from being released, this comparison is based on the browsers out right now. it should be taken into consideration that the competing browsers will have otherwise updated by the time Minefield is official.

But speed isn't really the reason I use firefox. I mean, sure, it's fast. But let's be honest here, it can do more than the other browsers. I can customize it more, I can load 50+ plugins and totally change how I interact with the browser.

You just don't get that flexibility with competing browsers.
  4. Binky

Binky New Member

I am currently running FireFox 3. I have been using firefox for a couple of years and I love it, however I have noticed in the last couple of weeks that it seems to take ages to open when I first start up but then its fine.

I have read that Opera is supposed to be really fast. I tried it out but to be honest I think the whole thing about browsers and speed is going the same way that top end pc's have gone. Every one bragging about having the fastest pc. In benchmarks it is true but in the real world it has got to the point where you cannot tell the difference in performance.
  5. lycos

lycos New Member

Despite the claim, I will still stick to my Firefox which I think performs faster than Chrome.
  6. extreme

extreme VIP MEMBER

I think Google might downgrade the importance of Microsoft in coming years. The company is on the top for the last many years in internet field and now they are coming up with operating system. Who knows, they will soon come up with something similiar to MS office?

MS beware of Google.
  7. extreme

extreme VIP MEMBER

I think Google might downgrade the importance of Microsoft in coming years. The company is on the top for the last many years in internet field and now they are coming up with operating system. Who knows, they will soon come up with something similiar to MS office?

MS beware of Google.
  8. Rumki

Rumki New Member

For faster browser nothing can't beat Firefox,it is the best now,I think Google Chrome is also fast,but not that good as Firefox is :)
  9. mizatick

mizatick New Member

I currently use Mozilla firefox and it has more number of features and I think it is the best and the fastest browser ever.Also it has many features that other web browsers even can't imagine of.
  10. jamey

jamey New Member

Just a little update on minefield. I have been using the beta for a while now. Seems it has some bugs that now just get on my nerves. So I switched back to firefox and updated it to 3.5.2. I prefer stability over a small change in speed.
  11. Electron

Electron New Member

I'm currently using Mozilla Firefox, but I think Google Chrome is becoming a bit faster. I use firefox since its easily customizable.
  12. jammie1988

jammie1988 New Member

I am using Firefox and I feel its fast enough for me
  13. uptonormal

uptonormal New Member

i haven't heard about minefield before, i will try it now.

Currently i am using opera,its faster than firefox...
  14. ritika893

ritika893 New Member

I currently use Opera and IE - i think its very fast and good for me.. I also use Mozilla Firefox.
  15. dexterallen01

dexterallen01 New Member

I am currently using Mozilla firefox and I think it is pretty much quick and safer browser to work with. Mozilla also has ability to add more add-ons than any other browser so it is more functional and useful.
  16. crumblepie

crumblepie New Member

I was using a really old computer today and I did notice a big difference - Firefox took much longer to start than Chrome. But once I started surfing, their speeds seemed the same.
  17. luiscorby

luiscorby New Member

The fastest browser on the web in my opinion at present is the Google Chrome. Its opens web pages very quickly. And all the other browsers like fire fox and Internet Explorer 8 is aslo good, but chrome is the fastets of all.
  18. antonclovelly

antonclovelly New Member

I think faster browser is Google chrome as it is pretty much quick, latest, and safer browser. Google Chrome loads web pages quickly. Search the web right from the address bar.
  19. anselduminy

anselduminy New Member

if talking only about speed i think chrome is the fastest browser. But its not the best one. I think the firefox is the best web browser at the moment. Its add ons features helps it stand apart from others. but it has a very big issues that it crashesh very often. Apart from that i think its very good.
  20. MuhammadWaqas

MuhammadWaqas New Member

chrome kills less memory.. but when it comes to fast browsing and compatibility firefox Rox