1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

Cheap Vs Quality Hosting

Discussion in 'Web Hosting Forum' started by nitgreen, Jan 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arnoldap

arnoldap New Member

If you are not making a business for commercial or personal use of websites, then cheap web hosting is better. But there is no guaranty or stability of your hard made contents. Either you should go for quality web hosting or concentrate on blogs which are completely free to host.
  2. TEE10

TEE10 New Member

Quality is always better your site is more than likely to stay up online with minor issues
  3. sand

sand New Member

Hello,
    We will prefer quality over cheap price. quality is must if there is no quality then no matter how cheap is hosting. that's why always go with quality.

thanks!!

zenith9981 New Member

Quality is always better , but quality hosting for a "reasonable" price is what i look for . Go for quality and not quantity.
  5. crescendo

crescendo Guest

Am buying hosting from host gator, they have quality services and cheap prices..
  6. Digital Friend

Digital Friend New Member

Quality hosting for a reasonable price is better in my opinion.
  7. Zinhost

Zinhost New Member

Most of the people prefer quality hosting and then go for price.
  8. rshosting

rshosting Member

Web Hosting companies that offer cheap hosting, often oversell beyond limits. Now the question that may arise is what is overselling? Overselling is something offering beyond the available resources.

For example, say a server has 100gb drive, and the host is offering plans that have 10GB disk space per acc. So as long as 10 accounts are filled on that server, it is termed as non-overselling. But say if 50 accounts are hosted on that server - each having 10GB space, then this is called overselling.

How is this possible?
    Well, all accounts are not likely to use the entire 10GB allocated space. Hence, this is how the server can then host more than 10 accounts of 10GB space on 100gb drive server.

Overslling to some extent is fine.. However, few hosts oversell beyond limits ... Hosts that offer unlimited space and bandwidth are few of them .. And these are particularly the hosts that are termed as cheap hosts.. Quality never comes with cheap products and so is it true in terms of hosting.

Quality hosts wont oversell beyond limits and wont stuff their server to extreme extent. As a result they offer more stability and performance standards for a website. So its always better to pay a bit more to quality hosts rather than getting trapped under the false marketting UNLIMITED HOSTING gimmick of cheap hosts...

Like it is said.. if you give peanuts, you will get monkeys..
  9. JonathanJ

JonathanJ New Member

I'm with a cheap host however they are also decent as well. Though they aren't that cheap, but in comparison to some other hosts they are. They always respond within 30-40 minutes of creating a ticket and they are on top of everything if I need help; which isn't that much. But it isn't costing me much and I used to have a dedicated server, now I have a reseller account and I'm saving so much money.

One thing my "cheap host" doesn't do is oversell. It seems they sell the amount of webspace/bandwidth they can offer you for a good price. And my host has been around for many years which is something I always look for.

Finding out whether a host has been around for a decent time is one of the first things I do. Then I check whether there are good reviews and check uptime from external sites. But my host has been good to from the start. :)
  10. magicseo

magicseo New Member

I avoid cheap hosting, It always ends in downtime and problems. Paying a little extra gives you & your visitors a better experience.
  11. jitkasem

jitkasem New Member

i recommend awardspace.com . it is very good and up time is 99.99 % . it also has free web hosting plan but i not recommend
  12. jennifersmith

jennifersmith New Member

cheap v/s quality Hosting...i believe quality Hosting is best...
  13. eUKhost

eUKhost Official Company Representative

IMO. Cheap in terms of price and Good Quality service is what matters the most. But, if the choice is between the two, then Good Quality hosting services matters the most. The basic reason is that, initially even if you opt for a cheap hosting provider, they are going to host it on a shared server for sure where, there would be multiple pre-existing accounts such as yours. You cannot expect to get services similar to the one's that are offered by a quality hosting provider would offer. See, every good thing comes at a price.
    Now, its your call, whether you want good quality services or wish to save money for the time being by compromising on quality.
  14. macklam

macklam New Member

[FONT=&quot]I've undertake the inexpensive cost-cutting evaluate diplomacy and when it got to its maximum value it went losing and took approximately a assortment of my proceeds [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
  15. arenee

arenee New Member

just talked about this. has to be quality host service. i need customer support. i'm not the best programmer in the world. so i look for who allows questions and who handles the questions the best and fastest.
  16. eUKhost

Usually, cheap hosting providers host accounts more than sufficient, which is known as overselling, selling hosting on a server beyond thier limits. Which results in poor performance and support. Whereas, if you opt for quality web hosting services, which is usually only a bit higher, you get high-performance, services and support guaranteed by the provider itself. Many times resellers do that as well, hence get their accounts suspended. Overselling is no good for resellers as well as for the provider.
  17. paullopez

paullopez Member

Cheaper is not always better :) Saving some bucks on web hosting making no sense. While searching for the web host user should always consider age of the web host, which shows its strength and competency :)
  18. che09

che09 Member

I definitely prefer QUALITY! Cheap is fine but if it doesn't meet my expectation then I'd rather pay reasonable price for a Quality Work!!
  19. eUKhost

Yes, cheap services, will always host your website on shared servers having thousands of websites hosted on it, which is usually known as overselling, selling servers beyond the capacity. Thus, if you expect quality service, you must lose your pockets in order to get better and faster service.
  20. DrewryMedia

DrewryMedia Banned

Always quality over quantity. Reduce da fluff and do just enough =)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.