1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

Cheap Vs Quality Hosting

Discussion in 'Web Hosting Forum' started by nitgreen, Jan 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nitgreen

nitgreen New Member

I would like to know what do people prefer, cheap web hosting or quality hosting with reasonable price. I am not considering business kids
  2. Old Admin

Old Admin Administrator

Quality is always better , but quality hosting for a "reasonable" price is what i look for .

Cheap is fine for sites that havent got much traffic or do not use much bandwidth but if you have a site with alot of traffic you have to go with quality
  3. D79312

D79312 New Member

It's hard to answer your question with out you first defining your terms. What you consider to be cheap, I may consider to be expensive, and what I consider to be good service, you may consider poor. And that can only be determined on a customer specific basis based on their individual needs.

I find that the adage "you get what you pay for" is a good thing to think about when making hosting decisions.

I think that a hosting service with a good product mix, ie 99.99 percent uptime 24/7 tech support, included software packages like fantastico etc, great representative communications skills and the ability to receive "goodwill" from technical admin's like adding bandwidth to my account for a problem or error goes a long way.

Does that describe your service?
  4. proweb

proweb Well-Known Member

QUALITY!

I prefer to pay few more dollars for a quality hosting. You should know that not every web host, that have a high price also have a good service.

Look for reviews, testimonials and recommendations, than you will be able to find the best web hosting service for the best price!
  5. Mega B

Mega B Member

As i run my sites as a business i like to have quality hosting that i can rely on sometimes i do see a bargain but i still check to see how long the hosting company has been around as to me that is a good sign that they are reliable as we see so many setups these days that promise you the world and then gone the next day when they have your money.Very much like our Members of Parliament i guess :D
  6. womri

womri New Member

I use 1and1.

Inexpensive, fast access (even on shared servers) and their telephone tech support is always available within minutes.

Every question I've ever had has been answered on the first call by a staff member who is well qualified to perform support services.
  7. okapopin

okapopin New Member

quality must support with much money, I thinks like that.. 8)
  8. nitgreen

nitgreen New Member

It is very simple, cheap means in terms of money, as most people offer $1 services and quality means what all you mentioned in terms of service, like 99.99% uptime, latest software tools, cPanel, and true 24x7 technical support.
  9. evatw001

evatw001 New Member

avoid cheap ones like the plague been burnt badly before.
  10. webhostuk

webhostuk Member

Hello,

If client and service providers are really serious about there website and business the answer is quality hosting.
  11. tulipkiya

tulipkiya Member

I recommend go for the mid way..road.......go for customized...plan......or look for a host that offer the things that you need.

12. tulipkiya

tulipkiya Member

gO FOR CUSTOMIZED

I believe that we should go for some customized plan to full fill over needs..

:)
  13. Desdichata

Desdichata New Member

I have gone the cheap route a couple of times and was badly burned. Got burned a couple of times on more costly sites too. I learned my lesson. No more cheap hosting and research as much as possible any company you are thinking of using. Using a company that charges me $36 and haven't had a problem with them in 10 years.
  14. Susan Davies

Susan Davies Banned

Web hosting is something that no one would like to pick in hurry. many first rate website owners put a great effort on finding the web host. In this era of technology this is batter to work with some cheap web hosting for a while until you get desired business web hosting plan for your website.
  15. harvz111

harvz111 New Member

I've tried the cheap economy plans and when it got to its limit it went down and took almost a lot of my revenue
  16. ahtivas

ahtivas New Member

Quality and reliable hosting ..
  17. asdfghjkl

asdfghjkl New Member

Quality is always important , but quality hosting for a "reasonable" price is what i look for . Thanks. :)
  18. kanna84

kanna84 New Member

Thank you for the best information from you. Then i got my domain name as an international one with free hosting srevices from this site tucktail.com/ got @ lowest costs only. Also they giving me the good services and also free too like, • FREE Photo Album • FREE! Quick Blogcast • FREE! Hosting with Site Builder • FREE! Personalized Email • FREE! Forwarding / Masking • FREE! 100-Pack Email Forwarding • FREE! Starter Web Page • FREE! "For Sale" Parked Page • FREE! Parked Page w/ Domain • FREE! Total DNS Control • FREE! Change of Registration • FREE! Status Alerts • FREE! Domain Name Locking
  19. Hafsoh

Hafsoh Member

The foremost concern of a good website owner should be the reliability of the hosting company, web hosting can be cheap as well as quality hosting. The quality of various web hosting services, in spite of they're either cheap or expensive differs enormously...
  20. gushy0202

gushy0202 New Member

you may try a cheap one and get some knowledge before actually entering into the hosting world!!

What say ya?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.