1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

Can i integrate a forum in my website?

Discussion in 'Forums' started by MichaelFramer, Jan 19, 2012.

1. MichaelFramer

MichaelFramer New Member

Hello all
    I have a teleconferencing based website. What i am looking for is to integrate forums along with the website as there are very less forum based websites where one can find the topics related to teleconferencing.
    What you think about this idea?
    Is integrating forums in the website is better? If it is how we can do it?
    or just like others i should integrate blog in my website?

awaiting response :)
  2. Old Admin

Old Admin Administrator

Forums are like blogs in the respect they are great for generating visitors to your site IF you have the time to maintain and promote them. If you do not have time to post good content on the forum and you dont have time to market it then its likely that its not worth your trouble.
    MichaelFramer likes this.
  3. MichaelFramer

MichaelFramer New Member

Hi Adam
    Thank you for replying :)
    hmm okk i got your point.
    but like if we have to integrate a blog we can use Word Press. Right?
    What we have to do for forums? and How to promote a forum?
    Is promoting means performing off page optimization ? Writing articles, bookmarking and all ?
    What i should do to make my website more better ? It is based on Teleconferencing services like Video teleconferencing and all.
  4. Old Admin

Old Admin Administrator

I personally couldnt see a forum working incredibly well for your niche ( at least in the short term ) Wordpress forums are not to great and you should always look at the alternatives like vbulletin , xenforo and IPB although i would recommend vbulletin or xenforo. There are plenty of free scripts too although if you are running a business site and do not have much knowledge of forums i would recommend going commercial .

Integration would be the difficult bit depending on what you would like integrated , if its a matter of just the look and feel you want then thats easy enough but if you want full user integration you will need a bridge.
  5. ceekeigh

ceekeigh Member

I personally agree on integrating a forum on a certain website. Just make sure even the topics to be discussed are somewhat related to your site. And also the site theme should coincide with your site's design.
  6. Marissa May

Marissa May New Member

Forums require an intense amount of time and effort. You can start a forum on any topic but that doesn't mean it will succeed. You need active members to make your forum a success. And, unless you can find enough active members, your forum will be deserted. One possibility is to pay forum posters to post threads/responses on your forum as you build your forum membership. However, that will cost money.

A forum is a good way to build community for a site but it's not the only way. You can just as easily start a blog and open up blog comment section to receive feedback.
  7. outreach local

outreach local Member

Definitely we can integrate any Forum in our website these are the interacting topics and must helps for the growth of website promotions.
  8. richardfranklin

richardfranklin New Member

Yes you can integrate forums in your website. Apart from forums, you can also have a blog option for guest bloggers so that more people will come to your website. It will also socialize your website among people.
  9. Jacob_Thompson

Jacob_Thompson Member

I think integrating forum in website works well. With the help of Forum user can interact if any query. The main thing about using forum is that it should be properly maintained.
  10. sachinbhuriya

sachinbhuriya New Member

Yes you can reply with your default profile links of your website with this forum.. well you already have great tips for that
  11. sachinbhuriya

sachinbhuriya New Member

great blog yu have congrets!
  12. CBIL360

CBIL360 New Member

Definitely you can, In fact it is best way to earn reputation even if you have a corporate website, still it plays a crucial role in terms of support and communicate with audiences. Since your website is teleconferencing related ... its a good idea to integrate it, by this you can provide technical support.
  13. SEOvB Services

SEOvB Services Member

Integration of Forums to your niche will work perfectly. Not only the articles will be shown in a listed manner, but you'll also get some discussions sparked up between your recurring visitors. Forum is also a great way in knowing how big your present community is, and what the people wants.
  14. Ionny

Ionny Member

You could use a free forum engine, there are a lot of them.
  15. Olin Lamanna

Olin Lamanna Member

Yes, both off page and on page optimization can do your thing, make sure you still honor and follow search engine rules.
  16. rajdeep

rajdeep Member

It is really a nice and helpful piece of information. Please keep us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.