1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

Black , Green , Gray and Blue hat SEO Forum

Discussion in 'SEO Forum' started by Old Admin, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Tiffany Mark

Tiffany Mark New Member

Got a lot to learn about seo. Never heard of Green and Blue hat ones though! Thanks for keeping me updated.
  2. tinkuparui

tinkuparui Member

These information are really helpful...
  3. devsmithau

devsmithau New Member

Great Article,
    Because before this post i know only about black hat seo and white hat seo but you are doing discuss about four types of seo so this is good post for me.

thanks.
  4. rechal

rechal New Member

Thanks sharing informative post..
    I already known white,black ,gray hat only..
  5. str4wberry

str4wberry Member

Fix'd :)

#000000 – known as Un-ethical SEO, is a procedure that tries to achieve high rankings in short time by using various SEO techniques that don’t follow search engine guidelines, or treated as means of deception. One black hat technique uses text that is hidden, either as text colored similar to the background, in an invisible div, or positioned off screen. Another black hat method is creating different pages for the search engines and the users, depending upon who is accessing the website. This method is referred to as cloaking.Â

#333333– These are SEO tactics that cannot be termed either as ethical or unethical, but can be termed as something in between the two. It is unlikely that a site gets banned or can have negative affects on it, due to following Gray Hat SEO tactics.Â

#33AA33 – It is just a matter of putting all unnecessary procedures and SEO actions to an end and focusing on what all is essential to get in website visitors. When focus is given more on the importance and prominence to the people who visit your website, your site will create more brand awareness, thereby becoming more trustworthy, rather than targeting keywords that provide more traffic, even though it means that you do not have any relevant pages suitable for them. It is to be understood that a happy customer is someone who is more important to your business to get in more profit to you, rather than getting more of inward links. Â

#3333AA– Some say its related to advanced SEO techniques used for web promotion but the same has not yet been declared by any top SEO communities or SEO groups. Originally Blue Hat SEO is a name of a weblog so many misunderstand :)

And please do note that these SEO colors are not standard ones, they are marketing types distinguished between SEOs who adopt their SEO techniques from ethical to unethical or a mix of both. Probably in the near future we might even come up with more colors of SEO as seen in rainbow!!! ;)
  6. masoom

masoom New Member

i am also adding one more term is White HAT SEO . It is an organic SEO where we give importance the content , theme and keywords[/quote]
    white hat seo is good
  7. aaves

aaves New Member

i didnt know that there already has a green hat seo..geez SEO is really advancing..for all i know next time all the colors in the rainbow are already included..:DNice post..
  8. Neil Modi

Neil Modi Member

thank your for this information it will help me a lot in future to distinguish between seo'S

sOME TERMS ARE NEW FOR ME
  9. stefansalvatore

stefansalvatore New Member

10. stefansalvatore

stefansalvatore New Member

Thanks for sharing information about various types of SEO.
  11. jumpen

jumpen New Member

Black and White Hat techniques are different only in their ethics. Plain and simple, if you don't care about the possible negative outcomes of your techniques on the sites that link to yours or your visitors, then you are practicing black hat. If you take steps to ensure that there are no negative outcomes, then you are practicing white hat. Gray hat is the gray area between. However, if you are practicing what you call "gray hat" SEO, you are still using some unethical techniques. Most black hats don't exclusively use unethical techniques, therefore, they are, by the common definition of the term, practicing "gray hat" techniques.

By the description in the article, green hat SEO is not practicing SEO. Would you call a person who does NOT climb mountains a green mountain climber? Probably not. So why dub someone who doesn't use any SEO techniques at all any color hat SEO?

As far as "pink hat" goes, you are practicing web site marketing, not SEO or SEM. SEO and SEM target Search Engines, not the male demographic. Hence the "SE" in SEo and SEm. However, even if you were to consider this as SEO, it would be using techniques that intentionally dupe your visitors into visiting your site under false pretenses. By definition this is Black Hat. So why create several names for the same technique?

As for Blue Hat? Well, SEO is SEO, no matter how technically advanced it becomes. You can practice technically advanced SEO ethically or unethically, thereby wearing either a white hat or a black hat. What would be the purpose in defining the term blue hat SEO if all that it describes is SEO? Isn't simpler just to call it SEO?

For the record, there is good and bad. There really is no in between. Even if you are acting badly only some of the time, you are still acting badly. So as for Gray Hat? Well, that's just a way to say that you act badly some of the time, or practice "Black Hat" some of the time and "White Hat" some of the time.
  12. ShivJaiswaL

ShivJaiswaL Member

hello, just follow search engine quality guidelines and stay away from spamming. thanks
  13. pryidevsblog

pryidevsblog Member

Nice and informative thread man. I only know about Black hat and White hat but never heard the others before. This is helps me a lot.
  14. pryidevsblog

pryidevsblog Member

Insert your website URL into the thread area as a is also kind Black Hat technique dude.. :)
  15. marshal23

marshal23 Member

Great information thanks for sharing this.i only know about black and Grey hat SEO techniques these are unethical etc., but Blue & green i saw first time interesting
  16. Vijay

Vijay Member

Thanks for sharing this article. Good knowledge for sharing different type SEO hat techniques