1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

Bing vs Google?

Discussion in 'Bing' started by Spectrecom, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Spectrecom

Spectrecom Member

Is it worth optimising specifically for Bing's search results? I would argue not.

98% of my organic web traffic comes through Google and about 1% from Bing. I also get some very strange results. I rise for one keyword / phrase in Google and drop in Bing.

Trying to do both would be like spinning plates and never really getting either of them going!
  2. fizzer

fizzer Member

I would say as of now you needn't optimize your site for bing, as most of them uses google at present. Though you have to optimize your site for bng till the end of this year, as bing is emerging fast.
  3. jaikanth12

jaikanth12 Member

Google is the best search engine and it is widely used by all the Internet users across the globe. and Bing is very rarely used by some users.
  4. J B

J B New Member

I would say of course you will get more traffic from Google, but saying 98% to 2% isn't a great comparison unless you're ranking exactly the same in each (which I assume you're not). Though I agree my sites receive much less traffic from Bing and Yahoo, I still try to rank in them as all traffic can be important.
  5. Old Admin

Old Admin Administrator

I have to admit i very rarely promote specifically for any other search engine other than google. Facebook and Twitter bring more traffic to some of my sites than every other search engine with the exception of google. It just isnt cost effective anymore to spend the time trying to achieve results for such a small amount of traffic. Most of the time optimising for Google often lands you a good position in Bing and Yahoo anyway with out that extra effort
  6. Spectrecom

Spectrecom Member

My rankings are pretty similar, although they're not exactly the same. Also, is there really any difference between SEO for Google and SEO for Bing. Their algos are based on very similar metrics I would assume ?
  7. FabianSmith

FabianSmith Member

Interesting but I prefer Google as well, It’s better than Bing from all points of view.
  8. nullifygirls

nullifygirls Member

I prefer Google against Bing. Because I don't like searching in Bing.
  9. pehpeh

pehpeh New Member

yes very true Google 'system is much more beautiful
  10. martincrow

martincrow Member

I tried bing and Google at the same time, and there is a big difference in search result of both the search engines, Google index more pages, and the results are useful for us, but bing doesn't provide useful results in searching.
  11. georgenbowser

georgenbowser New Member

i agree with you Google is hot favorite search engine for internet user most of use google for search.
  12. sefan

sefan New Member

I think that it is very important that there is a competition on the market. If we all use only google for our searches, then we contribute for it's monopol on the search market's targeted advertising, and the PPC prices go up. Even worse, I've red in forums many complains that people from google stop PPC campaigns, close adSence accounts, remove web sites from natural search results - all that with no clear explanation (many of you know how imposible is to get in touch with that company). In my humble opinion, google has very agresive anti competitive policy and do not tolerate any competition on the internet. I think that it would be wonderful if another signifficant player comes on the scene. Curently I see no other company but Microsoft's Bing being capable of braking this monopol. What cen we do to contribute about that - we may just start to use bing search more frequiently in order to change the global statistics. After all the search results from bing are equally as good as that of google in my experience.
  13. antheay

antheay Member

Ya Google is more systematic than bing because of its frequent algorithm updations in order to achieve more perfections in its searches.
  14. Nick Powell

Nick Powell New Member

Google is the Best search engine optimization & it is widely used by all the Internet users across the world..
    Bing is also best one but bing is used sone how users..
  15. indusharma

indusharma Member

Google is number one best search engine, you should more focuses on optimizing your site ranking for google.
  16. devileye

devileye Active Member

google is the best search engine among all other search engine.
  17. wasim4545

wasim4545 New Member

I think two search engine is impotent in seo.In comparison Google is better then bing.