1. Please note that the forum is now highly moderated, short, meaningless posts will be removed with out notice, please make some effort when replying and creating new threads.. We also need forum moderators to help cleanup the board and SPAM - if you are interested pm me, or see (here).

Backlink Building Practices to Avoid.

Discussion in 'SEO Forum' started by cashfinder, Aug 11, 2010.

1. cashfinder

cashfinder New Member

Backlink Building Practices to Avoid.

One of the practices that is to be avoided is link exchange. There are many programs, which offer to barter links. The principle is simple – you put a link to a site, they put a backlink to your site. There are a couple of important things to consider with link exchange programs. First, take care about the ratio between outbound and inbound links. If your outbound links are times your inbound, this is bad. Second (and more important) is the risk that your link exchange partners are link farms. If this is the case, you could even be banned from search engines, so it is too risky to indulge in link exchange programs.

Linking to suspicious places is something else that you must avoid. While it is true that search engines do not punish you if you have backlinks from such places because it is supposed that you have no control over what bad guys link to, if you enter a link exchange program with the so called bad neighbors and you link to them, this can be disastrous to your SEO efforts. For more details about bad neighbors, check the Bad Neighborhood article. Also, beware of getting tons of links in a short period of time because this still looks artificial.
  2. fr@nc!z

fr@nc!z Member

For me, link exchange sucks nowaday.
  3. SeoKungFu

SeoKungFu Active Member

4. sheril123

sheril123 New Member

well said.. all should be aware the links the get their backlinks from.. if we build links our selves by doing online promotion then you can get good links to your site..
  5. sazymi

sazymi New Member

Well, i bet you will never link to those site with such characteristic. Of course, you should check first the site of your link partner and make an arrangement with them. Then, link exchanging did not end in there because you still need to monitor your links from other site that you have exchanging with, others will only place your link for a week or two and then they will removed it while their link are still in your site. Cheaters, i hate them.
  6. Mark Booker

Mark Booker New Member

Yes, their words are not trusted and they are not different to scammer.
  7. MarkAse

MarkAse New Member

Don't link to a bad neighborhood. We had someone hack our site and add at least 400 Viagara links on our homepage, almost instantly were removed from Google's database for 30 days.

Luckily we got the links removed and explained the situation, to have our site put back where it belongs after only a week or so.
  8. credasys

credasys New Member

Obviously. Why you link your site to suspicious sites that you also know that this can harm your site.
  9. faye valentine

faye valentine New Member

True, [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]link exchange is too risky, although Google do not punish you if you have a backlinks to several sites because it is supposed that you have no control over what bad guys link to, if you enter a link exchange transaction with the so called bad neighbors and you link to them, this can be terrible to your SEO efforts.[/FONT]
  10. alexclark

alexclark Member

Nice post i agree with you.
  11. ya.yogev

ya.yogev New Member

i think that some time if you can choose the site which you want to make with him the link exchange it ok .
  12. denysaputra

denysaputra Member

Hi, I think link exchange shouldn't avoid. I've do that with some web sites that have a related and high PR, I think it's effective to build back link to my site. That should avoid is too many link exchange with site which not have PR. It was very unfortunate and make your site worthless in Search Engine.
  13. bellasmom

bellasmom Member

I wouldn't write link exchanging off completely. A few good links to and from relevant websites is helpful.
  14. gazraz

gazraz New Member

Link exchanges work, if you contact the owner and verify that the link they give back to you is relevant and a do follow link. A lot of the free ones are automatic no follow types.
  15. bardy

bardy Member

Thats true and I am 100% agree...

I personally against of such link exchange programmes and prefer to do it manually which gives me slow but sure results.
  16. place on top

place on top Member

I think the best is write a good quality content, spin it 2-3 good times only with change in words and paras and little content, put it on few good article sites with backlinks and that will give you good return.