1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

As a forum admin, would you share your views/beliefs on the forum?

Discussion in 'Member Management' started by Patriot, Jan 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patriot

Patriot New Member

If you started a new community, would you post about things like religious beliefs, views on a war, certain people or even the type of music you listen to?

I know it seems like a crazy question, but I think there are some people out there who will judge the admin based on what they believe. If there is a "what is your religion?" thread and an admin posts they are christian, for example and a guest sees it who happens to be of another religion and decides they don't want to join because it is run by a religion they may not be too fond of? Not just religion, your views and opinions on war too. If you said somewhere you were pro-war, an anti-war guest may decide youre an idiot for your opinion and not join.

This brings me to another point, posting your views on a forum can be great, as said in another topic here asking if controversial issues are good for discussion on forums. it can trigger a guests curiosity, and start a friendly debate about your views on certain things.

My opinion on this issue:

As a member (or owner) of a forum, you are allowed to post whatever you wish so long as it is allowed by the forums TOS. If you have a Guest who doesn't agree with your religion, or your views on war and decides not to join than who needs them? If they are so critical of your views than they best stay off as you wont want to deal with them pestering you about if they do register in the end.
  2. Chris

Chris New Member

I agree with your opinion completely. No use restating it, but I think you are spot on with that.
  3. Edwin

Edwin New Member

I would become more open as the forum develops.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.