1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

Are The Amount of Posts In A Forum Important?

Discussion in 'Forums' started by Humza Bajwa, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Exzekiel

Exzekiel New Member

its better to have a forum that has lots of post it simply means that its active and the more a forum is active the better since we are in the SEO/WEB industry right.
    If a forum have less posts it means that its not that reliable and the topics are really boring or the forum is new.

believe me if a forum has less post the content is boring. i experience that.
  2. fizzer

fizzer Member

ya definetly the more,the meaning of forum is that forum is the place where people dicuss about their topics and get a better suggestion,so in my point of view the more post is needed for a good forum.....:p
  3. ServerSea

ServerSea Moderator

More posts would be better for learning purpose but quality of the posts is very important.
  4. happy4u

happy4u Member

the amount dose not matter, the main thing is that what you righting in the post.
  5. an_roks

an_roks New Member

This is indeed great topic to discuss as there are pros/cons...however forums are means of exchanging ideas and we've to live with it.
  6. Peter Adam

Peter Adam Member

Check out for more posts forum. There are some pros and cons if you choose more post.
    Post might be less quality
    You can get mass user's attention, if you post any thing valuable
  7. elitebag

elitebag New Member

Yes,the more posters,the more member the forum have.Most people will choose a forum with many threads and posters.
  8. ceekeigh

ceekeigh Member

The amount of posts in a forum indicates the activity on it. Personally, I would go with quality content rather than quantity.
  9. Marissa May

Marissa May New Member

If they're talking about something i like on the forum such as sci-fi or Doctor Who or SEO or whatever, then i'm likely to join the forum just so i can chat with like minded people. However, the forum needs recent posts and should not look deserted. Otherwise, i wonder if anyone will take the time to respond to my questions.
  10. antheay

antheay Member

Ya for me its important.From the number of post we can calculate the traffic to taht forum..
  11. dojo

dojo Member

Yes and no. It's relevant to some, since a small forum will not attract attention, no matter how good the content quality is. So you'll need to work fast to get some post done, otherwise people won't be interested. Not too many really look for the content quality and activity, so you're tempted to register and in 2-3 days you see it's worthless. Kinda like dating a gorgeous blonde who proves to be an ugly male with a wig the morning after :D
  12. Jacob_Thompson

Jacob_Thompson Member

To be honest, up to some extent, before joining any forum I look at the amount of post. It gives me an idea about how interactive forum is.
  13. devileye

devileye Active Member

i think it is very much important.because when a new member join a forum.he does not allow to post in all sector.but with the increasing number of post he will be allowed to post most of the sector.
  14. devileye

devileye Active Member

yes forum is a great platform for increasing knowledge through discussion with different subject.but to ensure the entrance into every sector of a forum,high amount of post is very much essential.
  15. Tom

Tom Member

Well the quality of posts is important but the amount of posts matters as well because you wouldn't want to be in a forum with only five posts. Good quality posts + lots of those posts = good forum.
  16. kathycurtis

kathycurtis Guest

Number of posts in a forum simply indicates that a certain forum is credible and a good way to learn something from it.
  17. devileye

devileye Active Member

Posts are necessary for a forum and the number matters. But posts should be relevant. Irrelevant thousand posts are not helpful.
  18. SEOvB Services

SEOvB Services Member

As a matter of fact, people do look at the number of posts BUT the number of posts will be nothing when everything is just useless posts. The number/quantity of posts in a forum can clearly give an impression to the visitors that your forum is alive and many of the members posts things. The only problem is, when they check the content and it has no quality, they will definitely leave right away.
  19. Olin Lamanna

Olin Lamanna Member

Make sure to post quality comments not just bulk comments that can eventually help traffic to your website.