1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

Anyone Use Dreamweaver?

Discussion in 'Dreamweaver' started by shortd81, Jun 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sb123

sb123 New Member

Dreamweaver helps a great deal!

To me, Dreamweaver is The Tool to bring the concept to reality. Well, you need to hard code too, and without the knowledge of basics, any tool, even Dreamweaver, cannot help 100%. I like the way Dreamweaver (DW) helps me put all the layouts, tables, css, graphics, buttons, texts, formatings, and other design issues (to name just a few) in place at a brisk pace. The code and design together help put up my concepts to reality. Unless one has a clear plan in mind, any tool would be useless. I have been using DW for the last 4-5 years now, not for anything special, but it has built up great interest in me in the field of web-designing.

I have rather huge graphics & CADD experience, (including engineering/P.C.B. CAD and exhibitions graphics, and also, developing RDBMS and client-server architecture in the early 90's), and for me, DW has been the easiest of all the other designing softwares that I had learnt in my career, which begun in 1988. In short, Dreamweaver is a highly professional (web) designing software that makes thing much easier to newbies and pros alike. If you are good in the basics of web-designing and web-coding, then Dreamweaver will most certainly help you in building better solutions.

Hard-coders are the real masters though, but everyone cannot become masters, so, to the other general web designers, DW is a an excellent GUI and easy professional software to keep their interest (and their jobs) alive!
  2. SkinnerW

SkinnerW New Member

I don't understand what the argument is about... I hard code and do it in the Dreamweaver. With all the plugins and code snippets is saves me a lot of time.
    By the way when you work with the php - there is no "design view", only code...
  3. Red Paul

Red Paul New Member

I used to use Dreamweaver and Fireworks, but not so much now.

I found it great for leaning html 'cos you can switch between design and html mode (or split view) - I do lots of basic stuff in html now, having learnt from Dreamweaver use.
  4. midlandi

midlandi Can you smell that?

Well you can,sort of, provided you have set up on the options a testing server , then you can view in browser as you make adjustments.
  5. brads125

brads125 New Member

i use dreamweaver but i definitely prefer coding myself
  6. XEN

XEN New Member

I used to design websites in Dreamwever 2 years ago, but I quit because the code was buggy at the time, and I was always obsessed by clean coding (w3c standard).
  7. ST-Mike

ST-Mike TriPHP Contributor

+ you can lay out your code all very nicely just the way you want it with all of your comments in the right place ;)

For the record, Dreamweaver was my chosen WYSIWYG editor up until around 2004 when I chose to start "coding" myself, following a gradual learning curve through the dreamweaver mixed (source & WYSIWYG) view.... heh, I soon later on learnt that alot of the coding made up by Dreamweaver was a bit crappy and not well designed - but hey, its a program!
  8. revy

revy New Member

well, I think there are many designers who are using dreamweaver..even I use that only..I have aptana and vim also..but I still prefer dreamweaver..because its much easier to use..just few bucks expensive than rest of the softwares..but indeed worth purchasing IMHO:)
  9. Alan

Alan Member

Definitely use Dreamweaver. It allows creation through a graphical interface or hard coding. Unlike other editors any code changes made are held in the graphical interface too. For my students I insist that they know how to code HTML, XHTML, and CSS before introducing them to Dreamweaver.
  10. Cleversam

Cleversam New Member

11. 1337space

1337space New Member

I use it sometimes, but Notepad++ for me =d
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.