1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

any recommendations for choosing domain for ranking?

Discussion in 'Domain Name Forum' started by nanhubia, Dec 14, 2011.

1. nanhubia

nanhubia New Member

Hi all,

Many people believe that the search engines will give more weight to your domain when considering your site for search engine rankings. There should be a clear relationship between domain name and website theme to increase my chances of ranking well in search engines. So any recommendations for choosing domain for ranking?
  2. Old Admin

Old Admin Administrator

Google "claim" that the weight they used to give keyword domains no longer is given any extra weight compared to other domains , where you believe that or not is up to you. Buying domain doesnt have to be related however, it can just be brandable much like the major companies around the world like ebay, facebook, twitter, flippa...........none of which actually have relation to their topics but are hugely brandable because of their catchy , short and memorable names.

It very much depends on the type of site you are building , if you are building a site which your sole interest is search engine traffic , your not bothered about repeat visitors and your not really concerned about branding.....i.e most affiliate revenue based sites then you will be better off getting a keyword domain.

If your hugely bothered about building a long term business/brand and you want to protect that brand then you need to find something thats unique, something that can not be mistaken for something else when being talked about offline.

Obviously there is exceptions to both of them rules but they are two examples which normally stick in my mind.
  3. che09

che09 Member

I think this would somehow explain the matter! :)
  4. Marsia

Marsia New Member

My highly recommendation is to include targeted keywords on your domains. Domains with keywords rank easily on search engines.
  5. malkyb

malkyb Guest

Buying a domain name can help as regardless of whatever is said Google does give weight to domain names when displaying search results however....you have to realise that this extra weighting is dependant on competition as well. If there is much competition then you could have the best domain name possible and still not get on the first page if your competitors have done a great job of optimizing their sites well. A well thought out, relevant domain name can be a shortcut to Google success but 1) isn't a guarantee and 2) will only help in certain searches. I hope this helps.
  6. Mark Wang

Mark Wang Member

The domain name itself is also searchable. So it is possible, choose the one contain the key word of your business
  7. googlegirl

googlegirl Member

Both keyword and extension matters for SEO.I used to buy good domain extensions for quick flip and to improve traffic to my site. i used to get one from http://www.9cubehosting.com . .Choosing a best domain name will work like a boost. In nutshell, I will suggest you to go for .com domain if you are targeting clients from all over the world but if your business focus is to be based on demographic factor, for eg. for canada only then go for .ca extension..coz .com domains have high value in SEO.Secondly, keep your domain similar to keyword or phrase you are targeting to​
  8. sharif

sharif New Member

Domain name is important for search engine
  9. sharif

sharif New Member

Thanks for sharing.
  10. sharif

sharif New Member

Thanks for sharing.
  11. sharif

sharif New Member

The quality and content is great, and it is very quick and easy to follow along. I really look forward to seeing more. Thank you so much!
  12. shaunmike

shaunmike New Member

Hi all,

Many people believe that the search engines will give more weight to your domain when considering your site for search engine rankings. There should be a clear relationship between domain name and website theme to increase my chances of ranking well in search engines. So any recommendations for choosing domain for ranking?
  13. shaunmike

shaunmike New Member

Buying a domain name can help as regardless of whatever is said Google does give weight to domain names when displaying search results however....you have to realise that this extra weighting is dependant on competition as well. If there is much competition then you could have the best domain name possible and still not get on the first page if your competitors have done a great job of optimizing their sites well. A well thought out, relevant domain name can be a shortcut to Google success but 1) isn't a guarantee and 2) will only help in certain searches. I hope this helps.
  14. Kotoran

Kotoran Member

My preferable option to get quality domain registration solutions is Eurodns.com. You will be pleased with their affordable prices and nice promos.
  15. Hosting

Hosting Member

you have to choose a domain which is very searchable
  16. Alok897

Alok897 Member

Age and keywords in domain name have more value for SEO search engine give more preference to old age domain name in search engine ranking.