1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

Adding the unnecessary

Discussion in 'Planning Stages' started by Hayze, Nov 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hayze

Hayze New Member

New admins sometimes get obsessed with adding styles and modifications and every other thing available for their software, thinking, wrongly, that it will make their forum more attractable to users. Well, the secret is, it really does not help. It drives members away when it takes too long to load because of the server load.

But I am on a dedicated server, there is no slow time by adding 2,00,000 modifications and 30,000 themes, so can I add them?

Short answer: No you can't. It still looks bad. Members will get distracted from the forum with your arcade, blog, image gallery, social networking mod, and everything other little thing you can put on your board. You only want to add mods that will benefit your forum and community, but not draw members away from the forum and posting.
  2. ALEX

ALEX New Member

Good tip Bill.
  3. Hayze

Hayze New Member

Thanks, anyone else have comments?
  4. Jura

Jura New Member

I have an anime forum...a lot of forum sections and features is expected...
  5. Stotheara

Stotheara New Member

I think too many stars and spangles, especially on a new forum, can be overwhelming and detracts from the original content. This can be true of well-established forums, too. So... I agree ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.