1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

7 tips to optimize your video for search engines

Discussion in 'SEO Forum' started by s3solutions, Apr 19, 2010.

1. s3solutions

s3solutions New Member

We have many ways to get traffic such as: news sharing, social networks seeding, images sharing, video sharing...

But, how to optimize to get the best?

I'd like to share with you guys 7 interesting tips to optimize videos for search engines that I found it from the unknown source on the Internet:

1. As far as on-page factors are concerned, the video SEO is similar to webpage SEO. Title of your video is the most important aspect of on-page video SEO. If possible, it is best to have your main keyword as the early in your title as possible.

2. Description of your video should have the relevant keywords as well. If you are planning on hosting your video on third-party video platforms, write up your video description so that it has relevant keywords as well as a link to your website.

3. For third party platforms like YouTube, it is important to choose as many relevant tags as possible. Google will rank the videos both for your target keywords and your tags.

4. Google’s algorithm is not sophisticated enough to analyze the content of your video, however, if your video does not offer any real value, it will result in higher bounce rate and fewer views and subscriptions, which in turn will negatively affect your rankings. So don’t just create a video to get links, instead, think of it as a dynamic content. Add engaging and relevant background music tracks to your video to keep your viewers attention. Visit TheMusicBakery.com to browse cost-effective and engaging background music tracks.

5. Distribute your video to mainstream video platforms. One of the best video distribution services is offered by TubeMogul. It encodes and distributes your video to dozens of video platforms and saves you a lot of time. The best part is that it is free of charge!

6. Fire backlinks to your videos. If your video is related to any of the vertical directories, social bookmarking would help too. It is best to start off with your YouTube video when you are building links and doing social bookmarking activities. If you are uploading your video on your site along with the third-party video sites, make sure that your site has unique content (description, transcript etc.) compared to the third-party video platforms. Offering a transcript of your video is helpful too.

7. If uploading the video on your site, make sure to offer the “embed video” code to your viewers. A well done video can serve as an effective link-bait and help you in increasing your authority and presence in your marketplace.

Hope you like it.
  2. sazymi

sazymi New Member

I like this part, now i know. It always a thought in my mind until i read this. Thanks! But i believe you can still optimized it by putting an alt tags on it.
  3. kinzie

kinzie New Member

And you could cut in some links in the video itself, won't have an optimization effect, but might bring you some additional traffic. Tutorial videos are good for the purpose btw.
  4. motorola4gatrix

motorola4gatrix Member

Here Are Some More Tips To Optimize youtube Video On Search Engine

1. Keep your YouTube video under 3 Minutes in Length.
    2. Optimize your Video Title with Target Keywords.
    3. Optimize your Video Description with Target Keywords.
    4. Use your Target Keywords as YouTube Video Tags.
    5. Use your Website Name as your YouTube User Name.
    6. Generate Views, Comments, & Honors on your Videos.
    7. Embed your Video into Websites, Threads, and Blogs.
    8. Build Links into your Video using Targeted Anchor Texts.
  5. robwilley7

robwilley7 Member

These are really nice tips & its very useful.. i really liked this post...

thanks..
  6. bloomtools1

bloomtools1 New Member

Video marketing is also hype these days. The tips you have provided for optimizing video in search engine is really nice and helpful. Will consider all this while doing video marketing.