1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

3 Good tips for AdSense

Discussion in 'Google Adsense' started by proweb, Oct 21, 2009.

1. proweb

proweb Well-Known Member

I will tell you, how to optimize your adsense boxes on your web page to get more clicks.

Maybe it is not the best method, but this is what I'm using.

1. Put 2 or maybe 3 ads on that page, where you get the most off the traffic (usually on the first page).
    2. Change the colors of your ads links in that way, to be very different from your website colors (if you are using light gray or white colors, you can use red or blue on your ads)
    3. When you add a new ad to your account, set it up to show only text ads.

If you have good or bad experience, or you can share better tips, please write them here!:)
    2 people like this.
  2. edesimusic

edesimusic New Member

I agree with u proweb! but i think we shud change ad colors according to our website's theme. for eg: if our website's background is black we shud use black color of adsense background too, its a trick to confuse illetrate web users to differentiate between website's links and google ads..
    correct me if I am wrong please
  3. waqasnu

waqasnu New Member

4. colin1

colin1 New Member

Hello

Thank you for sharing the useful information with all. This will be going very useful to all. Please keep sharing more and more.

Have a nice day
  5. linkmoko

linkmoko New Member

i kinda used that kind of technique and its ok if we blend the color of our ads to our site.
  6. Krazysarah

Krazysarah New Member

It is also important to have good content and interesting topics with good keywords. These keywords and tags defines your ads. Now it also depends how much traffic these ads or keywords brings in. Always try to use keyword that has maximum hit by users online. Do not write content just to concentrate on keyword ,write it such that this keyword helps driving your story in the content. Write simple english.

Do not click on ads in your own content,GOOGLE IS WATCHING!
  7. Aquarezz

Aquarezz New Member

Well blending in ads nicely have also positive influence ;) You should also place your ads as high as you can and in your text (see OrganizationTips.Net for an example)

Greetz
  8. SeoKungFu

SeoKungFu Active Member

I totally agree on the colour trick - it definitely catches the eye and people tend to actually pay attention to the ad, which in turn results in much higher CTR( click trough ratio ).
  9. Aquarezz

Aquarezz New Member

Really? It never performed better for me than inblended ads (ofcourse for proxies though). It's something I should try again ;)
  10. james121

james121 New Member

Thanks for these nice tips here are some more which i wanna to share with all of you.

1. Don’t Feel Shy – If you are seriously willing to monetize your website with AdSense, make sure that you place advertisements in prominent locations where visitors will notice the ads.
    2. The best performing ad units for AdSense are 160×600, 336×280 and 300×250. For text only ads, you should go with the 336×380 format but in all other situations, 300×250 may be a better format since it is most popular among advertisers and also supports rich media. 160×600 can easily fit in the sidebar of your blog.
    3. Web visitors have a very short attention span and majority of them may simply leave after a quick glance. Their eyes follow a F pattern so you can get good results if the Google ads are placed in the areas colored red on the heat map. Sidebars and leaderboards at the top are often ignored.
    4. Depending upon the layout of your website, you should consider placing the first unit somewhere in the middle of the page and above the fold.
    5. Even kids would know that AdSense works best if there are no borders and that the background color of the ads matches with the background of the page. That may not always be true and sometimes colored backgrounds (like light yellow or very light grey) can convert better – look at the top AdWords unit on the Google search page.
    6. If you have a website with a dark theme (like a black background), experiment using a contrast color scheme for Google ads.
    7. While it is a good idea to use section targeting around the main content, you should skip adding the section targeting tags for the comment section in your blog because the comments may not exactly convey what the page is all about. The aim is to increase the relevance of Google Ads.
    8. Site visitors generally look for a search button at the top left region. Use the word "search" in the submit button else some visitors may not notice them. AdSense doesn’t allow publishers to pre-populate search boxes with keywords. Always use a second search box at the bottom of your pages and if possible, host site search on a separate sub-domain as regular readers can easily remember that address.
    9. I recommend using only text ads for the first Google Ad unit but place another 300×250 unit in the sidebar (or somewhere below the fold) – these generally serve CPM based ads and will therefore help you monetize visits from places like Digg and StumbleUpon even when the bounce rate is very very high.
    The CPM of ad units will decrease as you come the page but that may not be the case with link units – they are small, text based, can fit in even small locations and perform brilliant.
    10. These are recommended ad placements for a website depending upon the design (two-column or three-column). If you write long articles, try fitting an ad unit somewhere in the middle of the article or at the bottom because when readers are done with reading, they’ll probably look for more resources or related information.
  11. webplusseo

webplusseo New Member

great thanks for information . you know what i have done i have make googls same as it look like part of web site
  12. rulo

rulo New Member

This is really usefull i have my adds match with the color of the blog and only text
  13. Sarah

Sarah New Member

Than you for sharing valuable information. But I agree with edesimusic Adds color and back ground color should be matching.:rollingeyes:
  14. linkmoko

linkmoko New Member

Yap! Write good content and try to experiment also on ads position on your page. much better if you put it on the top or the side.
  15. gilroy

gilroy New Member

Thanks for sharing helpful tips on placing and coloring adsense on website for getting direct clicks on ads...... I appreciate your thoughtful writes. I recently add adsense on my newly developed website. I am finding in good and useful tips on earing from adsense all suggestions and recommendation are highly appreciated.

Thanks
  16. oyunlar

oyunlar New Member

nice method
  17. xnontas

xnontas New Member

Nice tips. Well, as mentioned before, i also don't agree with your second tip. By show the links similar to your site theme and content, i think it would be easier for the visitor's eye and maybe he will find something that interests him...
  18. Susan Davies

Susan Davies Banned

Firstly you should not put ads on empty pages and do ask questions, avoid non English characters on English pages and always keep a check on your key word density. inspite all these tricks appearance matters a lot so use a eye catchy color scheme to get more clicks.
  19. intellg

intellg New Member

Here the techniques which you guys share here are really very nice, I must apply it in my website after reading it.
  20. luringen

luringen New Member

For huge CTR: 2 big squares on top of the page without a frame and same text color as the content.