1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

16 Things Necessary to Do After Starting New WordPress Blog

Discussion in 'Forums' started by syeds, Mar 23, 2010.

1. syeds

syeds New Member

1. Blog Design: You can start with a freely available WordPress theme, but a unique blog design is the way to go if you want your blog to stand out from the other blogs.

2. Add Categories: Add the categories for your blog. Remember to keep it neat and add not more than 15-20 categories.

3. Add an About Page: I have already wrote about the importance of an About page, add it and let your readers know who you are.

4. Install All In One SEO Pack: Install the latest version of All In One SEO Pack WordPress plugin and optimize your new blog from the beginning itself. Remember to visit the plugin’s option page. Also check out the other WordPress Plugins that can optimize your blog for Search Engines.

5. Customize Permalink Structure: Choose a good Permalink Structure and stick with it. Here are some examples of good Permalinks: /%year%/%monthnum%/%day%/%postname%/ /%postname%/ If you change your permalink structure after you have been linked by other sites, those links won’t work anymore. So remember to stick with the Permalink Structure you chose in the beginning

6. Create a FeedBurner feed for your blog: Login to FeedBurner and create a FeedBurner feed for your new blog

7. Install the FeedBurner FeedSmith plugin: The FeedBurner FeedSmith plugin detects all ways to access your original WordPress feeds and redirects them to your FeedBurner feed so you can track every possible subscriber.

For Remaining visit:- 16 Things Necessary to Do After Starting New WordPress Blog | E-helper.info
    1 person likes this.
  2. sazymi

sazymi New Member

That was a great list to follow and thanks for reminding me because i haven't use wordpress for two months already, i will do follow your tip perhaps if i will create a new one with them.
  3. che09

che09 Member

Those are useful guidelines for people who are into WordPress Blog! It's definitely worth noting information! :)
  4. jaikanth12

jaikanth12 Member

These are really usefull and Thanks for sharing 16 Things Necessary to Do After Starting New WordPress Blog.
  5. eUKhost

eUKhost Official Company Representative

The first most and important thing you should do is to install the Google XML Sitemap Generator plugin to create a sitemap of your blog. Using this sitemap, google bots can crawl all over your website and index all the pages.
  6. jim253

jim253 New Member

It is really useful ..thanks sharing
  7. liveseosolution

liveseosolution New Member

Extremely informative publish right here. Thank you for sharing your knowledge with me. I’ll definitely be back again.
  8. AriGold

AriGold New Member

Well I guess we only get the first 7 things on his list of "16 Things Necessary to Do After Starting New WordPress Blog" since the link he provided for tips 8-16 now goes to an expired domain. Must not have taken his own advice. :p
  9. kumkum01

kumkum01 New Member

I agree with you...These are really usefull and Thanks for sharing 16 Things Necessary to Do After Starting New WordPress Blog.....Nice sharing in here.......

regards......
    kumkum
  10. Cubic Media

Cubic Media Member

Great article, really does spell it out to anyone new in the Wordpress world. +1 REP
  11. Suresh

Suresh New Member

Extremely incredible guidelines you have shared.. Anyone can read and improve his/her Blog nicely..
  12. ceekeigh

ceekeigh Member

It's a great article. But I think this should not be here as it says Forum Development on the section.
  13. GavsCoupons

GavsCoupons Member

clever, i like that. I saw the 7 you get sucked in and even when you are not that interested you still gotta click the link and find out what the other 9 are just incase you miss a jem ;) like it 'curiosity killed the cat' marketing, lol.
  14. Thomas

Thomas Member

Also, don't forget to add a policy page especially if you're monetizing the site in Adsense.
  15. Tony C

Tony C New Member

Good list. Linking it to Google services such as Webmaster tools and Analytics would also be a great idea. Linking to Facebook and twitter with RSS can't hurt either.
  16. devileye

devileye Active Member

awesome post.this instruction will be very much helpful.
  17. devileye

devileye Active Member

awesome post.this instruction will be very much helpful.
  18. kathycurtis

kathycurtis Guest

I think you forgot to add creating good quality information for your blog.
  19. alma mott

alma mott Member

Content is King and we must leave interesting and quality information first and the rest will just follow.
  20. srishtimehta

srishtimehta Member

Hey, these all are very helpful tips. Thanks for the share. Setup a Contact Form is also very necessary. Its an easy way for your readers to contact you.